Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Currently {October 2014 Edition}

Reading: My Family for the War by Anne C. Voorhoeve.

Watching: Endeavor Series 2.  Finished and now going through withdrawals.

Procrastinating: cleaning my kitchen. It just doesn't seem worth it since it stays clean for .5 seconds before I need to haul the snow shovel and the shop vac back in the house to clean the floor. 

Wanting: new couches. But really, there would be no point in getting new couches unless I also get new paint and new carpet. And there's no point in getting new carpet until my cat is dead and my kids have moved out. Until then, we'll continue living in squalor and finding excuses to never let anyone in our house.

Craving: graham crackers and milk. I like to break up the graham crackers and eat them like cereal. It's a nice way to rack up 1,200 calories.

Wearing: maternity clothes. I soooo do not want to be wearing maternity clothes so soon, but my regular pants cut me in half and make two jelly rolls (even though they still fit). 

Relieved by: the finding of 11 additional credit hours to apply toward my degree. Six of them are just electives, but 5 of them got me out of two more classes. Every bit helps! Plus, with my grad plan, I was one credit short of graduation requirements, so now I will be well beyond the requirements.

Just be happy for me, okay?

Missing: energy. I didn't think I had any, but now that I'm pregnant, I look at my "past life" and all of the things I could do, and it's amazing how much energy I really had. 

Excited for: Thanksgiving and Christmas!

Neglecting: cleaning the blob of tooth paste out of the carpet on the stairs. It's been there for about two months.

Thankful for: the bunk beds my aunt gave us several years ago. They are such a blessing!

Looking forward to: finishing my first class at BYU-I next week. One down, fifty billion to go. 

Loving: cool nights and mornings and warm afternoons.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

You can do this degree thing!

I love Endeavor! I just wish someone would tell me where I could find an understated slightly nerdy guy who is really quite hot.