Wednesday, October 15, 2014

All About the Fetus Growing

So... If you didn't gather from this post, I'm newly pregnant with baby numero quatro. With this news, I figured you might have some questions, so here is everything you might want to know (along with a lot of stuff you probably don't want to know).

Due date: April 20(ish).

Why "ish?" Because all due dates are "ish," but also because I had a funky start date for my last period. It started, then it went away, then it started again, so I gave the date of the second start to the doctor, and when he measured the fetus via ultrasound, it measured for the first start date, but he wouldn't change the date because the difference was less than a week.

So how far along does that make you? Almost 14 weeks. Depends on what day this post finally gets published.

When did you find out? Some time in August. Approximately two days after I registered for school.

Of course.

Where did you find out? In the library bathroom.

Because that's how I roll.

The gender: Not finding out.

Hoping for: A boy - we would love to have another boy, but that is not to say that we would be unhappy with another girl.

Was this on purpose? Yes. But I have never been one to decide to have a baby and then get pregnant right away, so as always, I had to work on God's time table.

Is this the last one? If all goes well, yes.

Are you sure? 95%

How are you feeling? Very, very tired, pukey, and constipated.

Hey, you asked.

I also feel like my body has been taken over by something foreign. I no longer know what this vessel wants or needs.

Any cravings? Yes. I crave anything I see that I can't immediately have. I'm still upset about the bag of Nibs someone posted a picture of on facebook a few weeks ago. Mostly I like sweet things.

Any aversions? Yes, many. But the biggest one is the smell of fried chicken. If I smell it in a store or driving past a restaurant, I immediately want to hurl. Also, let it be known that most food smells like fried chicken to me right now, so something like a taco stand (completely lacking in fried chicken) still smells like fried chicken.

How's that baby bump coming along? It's pretty big for 14 weeks. The second I was pregnant, there was a loud "POP!" and there it was!

Why have you been blogging so much this week? I don't know. But don't get used to it.

3 comments:

Amy Sorensen said...

Britt! I absolutely demand that you have this baby on April 20. Then he/she will be my birthday twin!!!

I'm so excited for you!

k said...

THIS IS SO EXCITING!

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

This is awesome. SO happy about it! Except the pukey sick part. Sorry about that part. And I for one would love to get used to you writing this frequently :)