Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Vacation: Special Vomit Edition 2014

Last week we returned from an 11-day adventure in California.

California 

A while ago Scotty won Disneyland tickets on the radio. This taught me something:

People really can win stuff!

(Just not me)

(But for a minute, I was inspired by Scotty's winnings and thought that maybe it could happen to me for a change, which is why one of my New Years resolutions this year was to win something).

(I've pretty much given up, though I spent the first two months of the year entering as many contests as I could).

(Maybe I should pick up gambling?)

So anyway, Scotty won four two-day Disneyland tickets, and my in-laws happened to be going to Newport Beach at the end of March, so we invited ourselves to go at the same time. We extended our Disneyland visit to four days, and we also went to Legoland and Universal Studios.

We had a great time, but there were some complications, too. When I went to get Zoe out of bed on the morning we left, she was covered in throw up. At the last minute, I had to clean her up and get her bedding washed. Then I spent the next 12 hours in the van jumping at every sound she made because I didn't know if she was going to throw up. She was pretty fussy the whole way to California, and she continued to be very difficult over the next three days. She cried in every line and screamed on every ride. She refused to sit in her stroller (which is typical for her but even more frustrating at a theme park than it is at the library) and she wouldn't eat. On the fourth day, she threw up in the van on our way to Legoland. She mellowed out a little after that, so I thought she was finally feeling better, but then she threw up in the van again on our way to Disneyland four days later.

(We have now dealt with throw up from every child at Disneyland).

On day 5, I woke up feeling achy and nauseated. Luckily we didn't have anything planned for that day, so I was able to take it easy. I was sick for three days and went to Universal Studios in a state I normally wouldn't go out in public in. I think I spent more time in the bathroom than I did on rides.

But enough with the whining.

(Perhaps I need to do a "Dealing with Sickies in Theme Parks" post?)

We are very blessed to have been able to do something like this, even with the difficulties of being sick.

Now Scotty is determined to win more Disneyland tickets so we can go back!

2 comments:

Feisty Harriet said...

Yay for such a long and lovely sounding vacation. Quadruple Boo-Hiss for the vomiting.

xox

Nameless-Sister-In-Law said...

But have you ever cleaned up your brother's girlfriend's throw up????