Friday, February 1, 2013

Currently {February 2013 Edition}

Reading: The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta. I'm on, like, page 5. Go me!

Watching: Nothing. I'm one of those cheaters who watched all of Downton Abbey online, so I'm out of show. Although I have North and South on hold at the library. Have you met my boyfriend, Richard Armitage?

Procrastinating: fixing tonight's dinner. What if I start cooking, and someone shows up to my door spontaneously with a pizza? I would have wasted all that effort!

(Cue spontaneous pizza arrival!)

(No? Okay. I will get to work, then).

Wanting: to re-design pants. I have this fantastic idea in my head on how to make pants more flattering. I'm out to change the world, one pair of pants at a time!

Craving: pizza, apparently. Hawaiian would be great. Or garlic chicken. Or chicken bacon artichoke. Or gourmet vegetarian. Hmmm.... there's only one problem: I'm heading down the road of having to bake it myself!

Wearing: maternity pants. For reals. I have one pair of skinny jeans. They are maternity pants. So I keep wearing them. I think this post has a theme: Pizza and Pants

Relieved by: the heat wave coming through town this weekend. Forty-three degrees? Sign me up for a picnic and a sunburn!

Stressing about: everything and nothing all at the same time.

Missing: being on vacation. I loved having Scotty with me for nine days. We were an amazing team. I look forward to the day when he is a college graduate, and he comes home after work.

Addicted to: Oikos key lime yogurt. It's almost like eating pie. 

Trying: a bunch of "healthy" recipes. Last weekend I tried this one. Oh! My! Barf! I'm sure Scotty hates when I try new healthy recipes because most of them end up being DREADFUL!

Needing: to get my hair trimmed. What is with me and my inability to keep up on my hair? 

Annoyed by: not having a steady pediatrician. Our doctor is on leave for health reasons, and we've been bounced around for the past two months. 

Feeling guilty about: a little white lie I had to tell this week.

Tired of: having a muffin top. I've been doing ab exercises to help, but it's not doing much for my stomach. My back fat is getting smaller, but not my stomach. I will gladly keep my back fat to have a flat stomach!

Thankful for: spontaneous play dates. They rank right up there with spontaneous pizza.

Enjoying: having clean(ish) air so the kids can play outside in the snow. Did you know that Utah's air was ranked among the worst in the nation by the Environmental Protection Agency last week?  We were cooped up for quite some time because of bad air. 

Looking forward to: Game Night tomorrow. I should probably scrap my previously planned menu and serve pizza.

Suffering from: pizza brain.

Hoping: to keep my house clean for the next 24 hours. It's going to take a lot of work. As in "sweep the kitchen floor every thirty minutes" work. Blech! One more reason to serve pizza: no dishes from cooking!

Loving: that Scotty's work schedule allows him to have every-other Friday off. What a blessing!

Proud of myself for: doing 35 push-ups consecutively. It only happened once, but dude! 35!!! The next day I did 30, and I've gotten weaker and weaker every day since. What's up with that?

1 comment:

love.joy.lane said...

Mmmm... chicken bacon artichoke minus the artichokes because I had a pregnancy dream when pregnant with paisley that makes artichokes very unappealing especially when pregnant.