Thursday, June 14, 2012

I have a sunburn on the fattest part of my arm (and ten other random facts)

Fact #1: On Sunday I walked into church with a hold slip from the library stuck to my butt. Apparently I was reserved in Scotty's name.

Fact #2: Chunky babies make me squee.

Fact #3: Yesterday I took my kids to McDonald's, and Daisy pointed to a little boy in a stroller (wearing a onesie and drinking a bottle) and said, "Mama, look at the baby!"

The mother of the "baby" then said to us, "He's not a baby. He's one!"

Apparently there are people who don't like their babies to be called "babies."


Fact #4: I'm buying myself a blender for Scotty for Fathers' Day.

Fact #5: I should probably go the traditional route and get Scotty a tie (you know... for himself and stuff) because he has the gosh-dang ugliest ties in the world.

But I'd rather have a blender.

I mean... he'd rather have a blender.

(I can only assume).

Fact #6: Nicky has picked out names for our baby. If it's a boy, he wants to name him Lister. If it's a girl, he wants to name her Paisley. Lister is a no for obvious reasons. Paisley is a no because it sounds too much like Daisy. I'm going to have to break the poor kid's heart.

Fact #7: I'm officially half-way through this pregnancy.

Fact #8: I hired Nicky to take a photo.

19 weeks

And now I'm on a mission to find a better photographer and some better clothes.

(Also, a more flattering pose for belly shots. Ugh!)

Fact #9: I mentioned recently that Daisy is having her tonsils out later this month.

You guys!

Her tonsils are seriously creepy! There is no opening to her throat. They are HUGE and covered in blood vessels. They literally give me nightmares. The other day I dreamed that I had tonsils like hers, and I could feel them pushing their way into my mouth as they became inflamed.

{{shudder}}

I'm very excited to have it over and done with.

Fact #10: I don't like the part where my two-year-old has to have surgery and stay overnight in a hospital, but you gotta do what you gotta do.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what kind of blender? I regret now not asking for a new one for mother's day. So was thinking of getting one for my husband! He's on a health kick and loves when I make him protein smoothies, so thought maybe that would be what he "wanted".

Sorry to hear about Daisy's tonsils. Maria had hers out (and adenoids and tubes put in) in January. We didn't have to stay overnight. In fact I think we were home in less than 5 hours. But I hope that all goes well!

PomJob said...

Your hair looks fantastic!

My cousin named their daughter Paisley. When they were pregnant again, I suggested Plaid for their son. They did not accept my suggestion.

heidikins said...

I bought myself a new shirt and two new books for Father's Day. The shirt won't fit J-Mo and he has no interest in the books...frankly, it serves him right. (see previous email string).

xox

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh as always I love reading your posts..some peoples kids..not saying how cute and chunky a baby are is ludicris(?) I love pinching fat babies cheeks..love the photo Nicky took of you..you look so cute..I would of course be patting your belly..and wanting to feel it kick..well the spray tan is going to come to an end I think..one of the side affects is itching and I have been itching since last thursday..Mike has to buy me eczema cream so i stop itching..so don't know what I will do as I like being tan..might have to go the tanning bed route once a week..anyway have a great thursday and rest of your week..by the way how is your mom doing..I emailed her a couple of days ago..but haven't heard from her since the first part of April when she was going through all of her stuff..

Bethany said...

You look great, your hair is amazing.

Poor Daisy.