Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Celebrities: They're Just Like Us?

Have you ever seen the photos in the celebrity trash magazines that try to convince us that celebrities are just like us? They say things like: Stars are just like us! They take their kids for walks in the park! And then you see a photo of Katie Holmes and Suri in a park, and you roll your eyes and think Wow, Katie Holmes! You're so normal!

The thing is, no matter what any magazine says, celebrities are not just like us.

Because celebrities get a big old pat on the back when they do something ordinary. Nobody cares if we wipe our kids boogers or buy our own milk, but if a celebrity does those things, alert the press! It's a big deal!

So lately I've been taking note of all the things that happen to me that I would love to see happen to a celebrity. Like the other day when I snagged my chin zit on my cereal bowl. The first thing I thought was: Stars are just like us! They suffer facial acne wounds during breakfast!

But that will never happen because celebrities don't eat Frosted Flakes out of 88¢ plastic bowls from Walmart.

And then there was the time that I found the neighbor kid's scabby band-aid on my computer desk, and I thought: Stars are just like us! They find other people's encrusted bandages in their houses!

(Because you know Gayle King probably takes her band-aids off at Oprah's house all the time).

Someday when Gwen Stefani is walking through Home Depot, and Zuma poops his pants, and she runs him to the restroom and finds that the poop is no longer there because it has fallen from his pant-leg during the rush...

Then I will start to buy into it a little bit.

But until then, nope!

Starts are not just like us!

(And Gwen better scour the entire store looking for the poop, too. Because that's part of the gig - if you drop poop, you go find it!)

4 comments:

heidikins said...

Bwaahahaha! I think all toddlers (and some full blown adults) should come with pooper scoopers.

xox

Isabel said...

I just got back from a doctor's appointment (the only chance I ever had to read the gossip mags). There was a pic of Gwen Stefani taking her kids to a farm for the day. She was dressed to kill. I scoffed out loud. AS IF any "normal" person would wear heels and a fancy jacket to VISIT A ZOO!

Another thing about this topic; I often wonder if celebrities wake up with their kids in the night or if the nannies do it. What about diaper changes. Honestly, do they do it? And if they DON'T do these things are do they sufficiently bond with their kids?

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh Britt..I take it the pooping in the store and looking for it has happened to you..I can totally hear some one that works there ask you if they can help you and you say: I am looking for poop..can you help me.oh your posts always make my day...:)

k said...

I am doing the silent-shoulder-shake laugh because of that poop story.