Friday, June 1, 2012

Currently {June 2012 Edition}

Reading: The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkein. I'm trying so hard to do the Lord of the Rings thing so Amy and Becky will like me. But please tell me that the actual trilogy better than The Hobbit! It has, to be, right? After all, there's Aragorn!


Wondering: why Viggo Mortensen is only good looking in Lord of the Rings?

Procrastinating: taking Nicky's immunization card to the elementary for his kindergarten registration. I've been forgetting for MONTHS!!! DONE!

Craving: a sandwich that might not exist. Some days it's turkey, and some days it's roast beef, but it's always on this fabulous wheat bread that I imagined. I can't find this sandwich!!

Dreading: my root canal next week. That's right! I'm finally getting it over with.

Wearing: strappy sandals and a bath robe. I'm lookin' goooooood!

Needing: someone to come paint my toenails and shave my legs. I'm good for today, but I'll definitely need you next week.

Suffering from: a lingering cough, but I'll take it compared to what once was.

Neglecting: cooking. It's so funny to be pregnant because I'm not myself at all. My real self loves cooking and cooks almost every night. Pregnant self? Eats cereal for every meal. I can't stand cooking!

Thankful for: my yard. I'm so glad that we have enough space for everything we want and need.

Enjoying the 13' umbrella in my back yard. We have zero natural shade back there, and it turns into an oven in the summer.

Frustrated with: my kids fighting ALL. DAY. LONG. Nicky has only been out of school for a week, and all I've done in that time is play referee.

Worried about: Daisy's tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy later this month. It's not the procedures that scare me; it's my daughter. I know what she's like, and I know it's going to be ugly.

Addicted to: The Piano Guys.Jon Schmidt and Steve Nelson's music makes up at least 90% of the listening in our home and car.


(I'll give 10 extra credit points to anyone who can figure out what I love about the music video above. You'll have to watch the whole thing to see it).



7 comments:

BAK said...

But Britt, I already love you!

And I have often wondered that same thing about Viggo. Aragorn - soooooo hotttt. Any other character - soooooo notttt. Maybe it's the sword and all the way he looks on a horse. Rrraawwwww!

Just so you know - my fave LOTR is Two Towers. I have serious frustrations with Fellowship, and Return of the King is over so fast. Two Towers is where it's at!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

well I watched the video and I have no idea what you love most about it..other then they are on a beach..love the music though..Mike got his root canal started yesterday...he doesn't numb up well..so he was numb from 2pm till 8pm..hope all goes well with Daisy and your root canal..have a great weekend.;)

The Pink Growl said...

I am in desperate need of a pedicure, which is basically the same as having someone paint my nails. Only I'm lazy, not pregnant.

Bethany said...

The Trilogy is better than The Hobbit. Aragorn is hot but so is Boromir. Love me some Sean Bean.

Amy Sorensen said...

I love LoTR so, so much. All three books.

I only sort-of like The Hobbit.

Also, fair warning: the romance of Arwen and Aragorn is not in the main LoTR story. It is in an appendix. I mean, both characters are there, and there is the wedding etc, but the movie weaves it into the plot much better than the book.

I still love the books though! And I will love you even if you don't love them!

Amy Sorensen said...

PS, ummmm, hello, Viggo is delicious & beautiful in Hidalgo, too.

k said...

I do not like the dentist. At all.