Sunday, March 24, 2024

Thoughts at the End of a Weekend

It’s late Sunday night, and I’m not quite ready to go to sleep (I’m the last one awake in my house… I think… my big kids might still be up, but I don’t know). A lot of times at night I think I’m wide awake, so I start reading a book or writing a blog post, and within a few minutes I pass out. I get a false burst of energy right before I fall asleep sometimes. I say that because I start a lot of blog posts and never finish them, and that could be happening right now. I think I’m not tired, but my eyelids might betray me at any moment. I think I sometimes read in my sleep, but I’ve never blogged… that I know of (suddenly spends three hours combing through archives).

Anyway, I just thought I’d write a few thoughts at the end of a busy weekend. We had a lot of events and commitments over the last week. 

On Monday we helped move a set from our high school to a nearby high school for the region theatre competition. That was at 6:30 a.m. Then I went to work for a few hours and left early to go watch Nicky’s performance. That afternoon we moved the set back.

On Tuesday I was in charge of dinner for 40 theatre kids at the second day of region. I had a crew of helpers, luckily. Tuesday was also maturation for Zoe at school. We let our kids choose if they want to attend or not, and Zoe is the first one who wanted to go, so I left work early to go with her. 

On Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, Daisy had her school’s production of Footloose in which she had the lead role!

You guys! My daughter surprised the heck out of me. I never imagined her getting up in front of everyone and singing solos on stage! 

Who is this kid??? 

It was so much fun to go to the musical every night and see the kids do their thing. There are some fun personalities in this group of kids. 

One of the best parts was seeing 5’7” Daisy (Ariel) with 4’11” Kyle (Ren). With Footloose, you’re supposed to be Team Ren, but I gotta admit, I was Team Chuck. His mom and I have wedding plans for him and Daisy. It’s gonna be a long seven years for us mothers-in-law.

Ariel and Ren
(Is there anything more “junior high?)

Ariel and Chuck 

On Saturday we went to Lagoon for opening day! I bought season passports without telling Scotty. Tee hee. I can’t believe I’m a Lagoon junkie. I have rules though. I only go first thing in the morning for about two hours, and then I get the heck outta there. 

Love the rides. Hate the crowds.

We were there from about 10:00-noon. Then we came home and did our chores before Game Night at 4:00. Chad and Carlie came over, and we played Ark Nova, Viticulture, Take 5, and Quixx. We had chimichangas for dinner and brownies and Rice Krispie treats for dessert. 

This morning (Sunday) I woke up early and made two desserts for a family party (one pan of lemon lush and one pan of pistachio lush because I know you want to know). We went to church, and it was my turn to teach Relief Society. When we started attending our new ward, I was very disappointed to find that our ancient building (that predates Noah’s flood) has chalkboards still. I asked the bishop at then end of last year about getting a white board in the Relief Society room, and he said he thought we could do that. It got installed this week, and I was the first to get to use it! That was more exciting than anything else that went on. The lesson was fine, but the white board was beautiful!

After church I had to go to a stake camp meeting. Then we had an Easter party at my mom’s house. Then we went to an Easter devotional. 

Today was kind of insane, and I spent the morning on the brink of a breakdown. I was overwhelmed, but we got through it, and now we get to wake up tomorrow and do it all over again!

No comments: