Tuesday, January 16, 2024

The Foods

After my post about board games, my sister-in-law, who shall remain nameless, informed me that she wasn't impressed by my list of board games, and she would rather know what food we eat at Game Night. 

Oh, I'll tell you about food!

First let me tell you about how Game Night works. We usually start at 4:00 on Saturdays (not all Saturdays, but probably once or twice a month. Occasionally we have to miss a month... because life... but we get together as often as our schedules allow). We take turns hosting. The host decides what's for dinner (sometimes we counsel) and lets the non-host know what to bring for the meal. 

Some of our most common foods at Game Night include pizza, hamburgers, chips, Cretor's popcorn, veggies and dip, Oreos, and "refreshing beverages" (I'm currently 15 hours soda sober - MLK Day was my last hurrah... unless I change my mind and move to Chinese New Year... or Presidents Day).

(Side note: Did you know that there are Chinese New Year Legos?)

One option for the host is to declare a smorgasbord. That's when you bring whatever you're craving or whatever you need to use up from your house with no consideration of whether the foods go together. We started off 2023 with a smorgasbord of clam chowder and breakfast casserole. 

We also have Dip Night which is when our meal consists entirely of dips. 

Here are the other meals we had last year (unfortunately I didn't keep adequate track of sides, snack foods, and desserts. I commit to better record keeping in 2024).

Sloppy joes, carrot cake

Chicken Philly cheese steak sandwiches (for the record, I don't like these)

Roast beef sandwiches

Hamburgers

Tacos and Tres Leches

Hawaiian Haystacks

Pulled Pork

Ribs

Carne Asada

Philly cheese steak sandwiches (beef) and pasta salad

Green bean and potato casserole

Sliders, corn dip, and chips and salsa

Zucchini chicken casserole

Chicken nachos

Enchiladas (honey lime and Scotty's favorite)

Chicken pot pie crumble

Chili mac

Pizza (Papa Murphy's)

-------------

Now, tell me that's not the most fascinating thing you've read today!


No comments: