Sunday, March 19, 2023

It’s Not Spring Yet (and ten other random facts)

Fact #1: I wish I could have board game designer’s brain for a day. I just want to see what it’s like to be able to think like that. 

What if I got a board game designer’s brain for a day and then found out it was a lot like my brain?

What if I am a board game designer already?

Whoa.

Fact #2: Daisy got her braces off! We’re now two kids down and have two to go!

Fact #3: Daisy also got new glasses (or she will soon - we’re waiting for them to come in). She has been saying she can’t see for years, and I’ve mostly just ignored her because she’s a bit of a “boy who cried wolf.” It turns out, she wasn’t exaggerating.

Fact #4: I normally start planting my garden around Saint Patrick’s Day (my cold weather crops), but this winter stuff is lingering too long! I’m not normally one to say this, but…

I’m cold!

Fact #5: Today Facebook chose to advertise to me earrings that are supposed to reduce your double chin. All I have to do is wear earrings and my double chin goes away??? This is the stuff dreams are made of. 

Fact #6: A few weeks ago, Scotty suggested that we start looking for a new van, and I was like, “Nah! I don’t want a new van!” (It’s true - I just want the van I already have as long as it runs, has A/C, and the doors open). 

Two days later someone hit my van in a parking lot and drove off.


It didn’t result in needing a new van, but a few hours later, I was driving down the highway, and a chunk of the van flew off.


Once again… it didn’t result in needing a new van, but it felt like a bad omen.

Fact #7: Scotty wanted to have our family fill out brackets for March Madness. This is how it went:

Scotty: Okay, Eva, Alabama or Texas A&M?

Eva: What does Alabama start with? Oh, look! There’s a bug on the window!

Fact #8: Five days later…

Eva: Did due quinn?

Me: What?!?

Eva: Did DUE QUINN???

Me: Huh?

Scotty: She’s asking “Did Duke win?”

Me: Oh. 

Fact #9: I really need to decompress from today. There are a lot of things bothering me. 

Wow. That was cryptic and melodramatic.

Fact #10: It’s not illegal to drive barefoot in Utah. We googled this today after Nicky came home talking about how he drove home barefoot from his friend’s house and loved it because he could wrap his toes around the pedals. 

No comments: