Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Currently {March 2023 Edition}

 Reading: 


On the topic of reading, I have to say that February was not a great month for books. January was fantastic! February was a bunch of swings and misses. Fingers crossed for a magnificent March!

Wearing: black leggings and a "Happy Camper" tee that has paint stains all over it. 

Annoyed by: puddles in parking lots. I have wet shoes because I couldn’t find a shallow place to cross.

Struggling with: getting up in the mornings. I'm a morning person, so this is uncharacteristic of me, but for the past month or so, I don't want to wake up or get out of bed. 

Watching:

Henry Gale just came to play.

Singing: "Count on Me" by Bruno Mars (which happens to be what my daughter is listening to while cleaning her room currently. We had a deal after her orthodontist appointment that I would let her skip choir if she would clean her room). 

Building:


I've been working on this National Parks puzzle for a few weeks. I've slowed down a lot on puzzles lately - which is typical for this time of year. 

Looking forward to: lunch. I'm not sure what it's going to be (Daisy gets to pick today), but I'm pretty hungry!

Update: She chose Hot Dog on a Stick

Cooking: biscuits and gravy (that's what we're having for dinner tonight). I loooove biscuits and gravy! Luckily, most of my family does, too. 

Listening to: 


Eating: lots of eggs. I've been exercising a little more lately, and whenever I exercise, I crave eggs like crazy. Plus, our chickens have started laying again, and their eggs taste like gold. Nom! Nom!

Tired of: snow clothes all over my house. The boots... the gloves... the coats...

Playing: 


We got Savannah Park for Valentine's Day, and it's pretty fun. 

We just learned Red Rising over the weekend, but my brain was fried from back to back rounds of Agricola and Ark Nova, so it just didn't click for me. By the end, I was finally starting to understand it better, and I ended up winning by total fluke!

Frustrated by: my old lady knees.

Enjoying: finally having a five-day school week! 

Wanting: a new banister for our front porch, an extension on our driveway, and a new oven.

Happy about: my kids getting into Lost. Daisy is especially hooked. 

Curious about: a low flying helicopter that just went over our house.

Buying: new glasses for Daisy. She’s way overdue. The school has been sending me notes.

Feeling: fine and dandy but incredibly tired. 

Missing: dancing.

Baking: these muffins (we have been living off them lately because Sam's Club had their packs of three 32oz cans of pumpkin for $4.91!) 

Procrastinating: going to the dentist. I haven’t missed a six-month cleaning in years and years until now. I haven’t been back to the dentist since I had my oral herpes outbreak last year that seemed to have been triggered by my dental cleaning. My mouth has never been the same. I still have a hole in the roof of my mouth that has never entirely healed. I’m just a little nervous now.

Grateful for: my bed and my pillows. 


1 comment:

love.joy.lane said...

Back to back Agricola and Ark Nova - my brain would explode!