Thursday, March 11, 2021

Pandemic-versary

It's been a year since the World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a global pandemic.

March 11, 2020. 

I don't know what you do on a pandemic-versary. I never intended to be involved in one, but here I am! 

Here we are. 

Pandemics suck. They really do. And sure, the part where people get sick is really awful. But the worse part is how people treat each other. I've seen the worst in humankind this past year, and I've seen the worst in myself. The only compensation is that I've also seen the best in humankind and the best in myself. I just wish I'd seen more of our best. 

Today isn't a day to celebrate, but I think it's a day to reflect. As this year mark approached, I thought about what I might post for the sake of my own journaling. Sometime, I'd like to document what life is like at this point in the pandemic - just for my own memories - but for today, I will just say...

I have experienced so much.

I have learned so much.

I have changed so much. 

When the pandemic began, I repeatedly wrote on my blog that I hoped I'd come away from it changed for the better. I'm pretty sure that, at this point, I'm just damaged. But hey! It's not over yet! I've still got time...

Sigh...

No comments: