Thursday, March 25, 2021

Goings On

I have a small 20-minute window before I need to begin my day's adventures, so I figure I'll quickly re-cap some of the happenings around here lately. 

Zoe and Eva are obsessed with Art for Kids Hub on YouTube, so my house is covered in their artwork. I bought Zoe a sketch book and sketch markers. 

by Eva

We are getting the ball rolling on some orthodontia. Daisy will be getting her braces next month, and Zoe just had three teeth pulled (I think that make 9 for her now, and she will have to have 4 more pulled later. Poor girl!). I always have Zoe sedated because A) she is difficult with any medical procedures and B) after her tonsils hemorrhaged, she got even worse about medical procedures, especially in the mouth. 

Waiting for the juice to kick in

My mother-in-law has a rule that you can't play in water until the snow is off the mountains. So... July??? 

She was a little distraught that my kids were jumping on the trampoline with the sprinkler the other day in 50 degree weather. 


My sister-in-law turned 50 last weekend, so we had a 70's themed party to celebrate her. I let my kids tie-dye shirts to wear to the party. 

Four kids and tie-dye. 

It's as bad as you think it is. 

But it was still fun. 


I decided to try and be festive for Saint Patrick's Day, so I shaped my meatloaf into a shamrock. 

Before baking

After baking

Meatloaf is never pretty, so my expectations were low. We got a good laugh out of it. Nicky ate the stem - i.e. the most poo-looking piece. 

I also made green rolls and didn't even have a baking catastrophe! WHAT?!?

We also celebrated Pi Day - which is just a great excuse to have pizza and pie for dinner. I messed up the pie, but it still tasted good. 


I read that butterfly clips are coming back in. Sure enough, here they are at Target!


The Animorphs book inventory at the thrift store was hot last week!


We are waiting for Scotty's grandpa's house to be torn down. I drive past every day and wonder if it will be gone. The other day I snapped a quick photo. For now it's still standing, and it's in rough shape. 


The Utah Jazz honored my brother-in-law at their game on the night of his funeral, so we were able to attend the game, and the Jazz provided our family with a suite. 


Over the years, Nicky has acquired some of Doug's hand-me-down Jazz gear, so we all squeezed into Doug's old clothes for the night. It was a bittersweet evening - wonderful to be together, but sad for the circumstances. 

Well, I'm off to take my van to the shop now! 






No comments: