Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Writing Through the Snowstorm

It's currently snowing.


I just want to curl up on my couch with a big blanket and read or watch a show or take a nap... or blog. So here I am, in the best spot on my living room sofa (minus the blanket - can someone get that for me, please?). Eva is watching Bambi, and I'm going to do a writing prompt.

-----------------------------------

1. List ten things that make you really happy
  1. Reading a book that I can't stop thinking/talking about
  2. Seeing my kids be good people
  3. When other people like the food I make
  4. When singing time goes really well in primary
  5. A clean house
  6. A clean van
  7. Big cups of ice water from Maverick
  8. When I successfully use my talents
  9. Dogs with their heads hanging out of car windows
  10. Having energy
2. What is something someone told you about yourself that you never forgot?

After speaking at a Relief Society event, someone told me I made them all feel like they were my friends. That was a very nice compliment, and not something I had ever thought about before.

3. What are your top three pet peeves?

I don't know what my "top three" pet peeves are, but here are three things that really bother me:
  1. People who do not observe proper line etiquette
  2. Repetitive tapping sounds
  3. Produce that goes bad the day after I buy it
4. Who inspires you?

That is a really good question, and I don't have a specific person to mention, but I am inspired by women who make others feel good about themselves. Women who are genuinely happy for other's successes in life and who build others up. I am also inspired by women who don't speak negatively about their bodies or food. I've tried to adopt this practice.

5. List five places you want to visit
  1. Mount Rushmore
  2. Washington DC
  3. Nauvoo
  4. The Redwoods
  5. Disneyworld
There are a lot of places on this earth I would love to see, but I'm not super interested in international travel. 

6. What are five ways to win your heart?

I'm looking at this from a "friendship" perspective.
  1. Laugh at my jokes (genuinely, of course)
  2. Remember details about me
  3. Truly listen to me
  4. Take me up on my recommendations for books, movies, purchases, etc
  5. Be your true self when you're around me 
7. Share something you struggle with

I don't know how to be close to people. Anyone I am close to, it's because they made it happen. Not me.  

8. Post some words of wisdom that speak to you

"People are hard to hate close up. Move in. "

-Brene Brown

(One of my current struggles is not being able to see past all the ugly in the world).

9. Think of any word. Search it in Google images and post the 11th photo.


I went with the word "temperance" (the virtue of moderation rather than abstinence from alcohol). A while ago, I wrote the word temperance on a list of things I feel I should study in more depth. That's what made me think of it. 

10. What are five great blessings in your life?
  1. Being able to stay home with my kids
  2. My home
  3. A healthy mind 
  4. Good friends
  5. An amazing husband










No comments: