Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Unusual Asks

My house is filthy, and I have so much stuff I need to work on, but I'm giving myself a break. Daisy is outside painting with a friend, and Zoe and Eva are at a neighbor's house for a minute, so I'm just gonna go ahead and sit here and blog in the silence. I haven't experienced "quiet" in a really long time. My summer soundtrack has been a chorus of, "Mom! Mom! Mom!" with the cacophony of fighting in the background.


Might I add that I can smell urine where I'm currently sitting? Which means Eva must have peed on the couch at some point this week. I guess I have some shampooing to do today. The fun never ends at the Brittish household.

(At this point in my writing, I closed my lap top and passed out on my couch - with my head on the opposite end from the pee, of course. I have since awoken, started a load of laundry and hand washed a sink full of dishes. Then, while putting the dishes away, I saw how gross the floor under my oven drawer was, so I pulled it out and swept under it. Now I'm ready for a second nap).

Since I'm in a writing mood, but I don't really have anything to write about, I thought I'd do another quick questionnaire from the internet. This one was titled "Unusual Asks," and I already picked a few questions to eliminate for stupidity.

1. What did you want to be when you were a kid?

I wanted to be a bus driver or a taxi driver. I'm kind of glad I didn't pursue those paths.

2. Which "Friends" character do you relate to the most?

I've never thought about it before, but probably Chandler. I'm a little bit sarcastic, sometimes to the point of rudeness (I've gotten better over the years, though). I'm always sneaking my addictions - for him it's cigarettes, for me it's Coke (the cola, people!), and I'm not always socially savvy. Plus, I've let a duck live in my house before.

3. Are you a messy or a clean person?

Messy. Hands down.

4. How tall are you?

5'7"

5. How tall were you when you were ten?

I have no idea. But I remember I was 4'2" when I was in second grade.

6. What is your guilty pleasure?

Eating toast in bed while watching Netflix.

7. What are you saving money for right now?

A trip to San Francisco.

8. How many Pringles can you eat all at once?

Oh, I can eat a whole can and then some. But what flavor are we talkin' bout?

9. Tea or coffee?

I think I'd make a mighty fine coffee drinker.

10. Are you an extrovert or an introvert?

I think I'm an ambivert.

11. Sweet or salty?

Both!

12.  Favorite social media?

I only use Facebook and Instagram. Instagram is just for convenience of doing Chatbooks. I only follow a handful of family and close friends. I wouldn't consider either of them my "favorite."

13. Who is the last person you kissed?

Are we talkin' lips? If so, that's Scotty. Otherwise, probably one of my girls.

14. What is your favorite breakfast?

Probably biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, and orange juice.

15. When is your birthday?

January 1st

16. When did you start your blog?

August 2005. My original blog was called Weekday Wisdom.

17. What is your opinion of the Kardashians?

First, that is a really random question.

Second, I can't say I've given them enough attention to have an opinion, but things don't look favorable in my limited view of them.

18. How would you describe your style?

"Tired Mormon Mom"

19. What color is your hair?

Naturally, it's light brown, I guess. Right now it's brown with highlights.

20. What color of socks are you wearing?

White.

It's lucky you asked while I was actually wearing some! Being summer and all.

21. What is your dream job?

Marriage and family therapist by day, choreographer and author by night. With a side of inspirational speaking and podcasting.

22. Dogs or cats?

Chickens.

23. What makes you weird?

I'm a morning person. Practically alien.

24. Celebrity crush?

I don't know. I'm kind of celebrity confused right now. But Hugh Jackman is always on the list. And Richard Armitage (who looks like Hugh Jackman's brother) is quite a looker as well. Occasionally I have a Chris Pratt thing. Oh! And then there's my weird guy crush... James McAvoy. I used to love Adam Levine, but my affection is dwindling. He's still handsome, and I love that falsetto, but I'm troubled by his lack of dancing skills when he says he has the "Moves like Jagger." Then again, Jagger's moves aren't that impressive. They're twitchy and awkward. I'm aware that the song might not be referencing dancing, but according to Wikipedia, it is.

25. Opinion on cigarettes?

I tend to avoid them.


No comments: