Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Currently {October 2018 Edition}

Reading: Lighten Up by Chieko Okazaki, Church History in the Fullness of Times, and Real Moms: Making it Up as We Go by Lisa Valentine Clark.

Watching: Party of Five. Also giving Manifest a try but not totally sold on it.

Listening to: Baby Shark (please no more baby shark!) and the Saints podcast on the Mormon Channel with a little Maroon 5 in between. 

Wearing: A University of Utah shirt and my new sweatpants (which it's still too hot for. My legs are sweaty).

Craving: Water

Singing: Baby Shark. Make it stop!!!

Stressing about: A little bit of everything. I'll be better tomorrow, though. Wednesdays are hard. On Wednesdays I live in my van from 3:00-9:00 pm, and there's a pretty high probability that I'll leave a child somewhere. If you see me parked somewhere on a Wednesday, don't come talk to me because I'm probably crying. Unless you’re trying to bring me a Philly cheesesteak sandwich, and in that case, come to my window, friend. Hand me the sandwich, and then quickly back away. Don’t look me in the eye.

Buying: the Harry Potter audio books. I decided it's a necessity, so I signed up for Audible so I can get one a month until I have the whole series. I was waiting for them on Overdrive, but it took five months to get the first one. I don't like the CDs because they are too slow. I like to speed up audio books to 1.5-2X.

Trying: To keep running. I have a way of giving up on things. I can't maintain anything positive for more than two weeks - I expire. So this would be the week I quit running, if I were to follow my normal trend. 

Missing: All of my babies. I love my kids as they are now, but I wish I could somehow experience them as babies again - minus the diapers and nighttime wakings. Mostly I just want the cuteness and the snuggle factor.

Proud of: Eva for doing well in dance class, Zoe for being motivated and determined to learn her sight words, Daisy for being Top Eagle in her class this week, and Nicky for earning two rank advancements and eight merit badges in Scouts. 

Frustrated by: Pants and shoes. I can't find any that fit well. Am I that deformed? Or is the world of fashion just cruel?

Looking forward to: Getting my October Ipsy bag. It's an amazing pick-me-up, especially if I get something really good! 

Neglecting: All housework. On Wednesdays, I give myself a free pass. 

Needing: A hair cut. I have award-winning split ends. 

Loving: Cool mornings and evenings.

Excited for: Lunch with Christie. The new Cafe Rio location is starting to grow on me. 

Thankful for: Inspiration from the Spirit. I love the way it feels to have the Spirit with me and to be able to recognize it. 

2 comments:

love.joy.lane said...

Your Wednesdays are my Monday. I totally understand and I'm sorry!

JJ said...

I don’t usually have a hard time finding shoes but pants!!! Yes!!! I hate shopping for pants.