Friday, June 8, 2018

Summer So Far

Here we are at the end of the second week of summer break. We've come so far... but as my friend KoriAnn kindly reminded me, we still have 72 days to go.

As of today we've gone swimming 92 times, eaten at McDonald's 24 times, ridden bikes 17 times, and visited the library 8 times.

I've broken up 182 fist fights (and ignored the same number), sent my kids to bed early 21 times, and medicated 32 mosquito bites.

Okay, maybe I exaggerate a little bit. We've only been to the library 7 times.

I have been incredibly tired for the past few weeks. I get up around 5:30, and then I go back to bed from 7:00-9:00 while my kids run wild. There's only been one weekday so far that I haven't done this.

Despite this horrible fatigue, I've managed to get dressed and do my hair every day this week. Can I get a woot woot? Cuz this ain't normal.

Zoe started swimming lessons, so I've been taking her to the pool every day. She insists on wearing goggles, and she calls them binoculars.

Nicky saved his allowance and bought a putting green off Amazon. My living room has been covered in golf balls since Tuesday, and my kids have been beating each other over the heads with putters.

As summer break began, Eva quickly realized that she no longer has moments of being the only child at home. She really struggled for that first week, but she has gotten better. On an unrelated note, she keeps handing me boogers.

Nicky is obsessed with the song, "Feel It Still," and he found a YouTube video that's a five-hour loop of it. I think it was pretty amazing of me to make it through 33 minutes before I made him turn it off.

Last weekend we went camping, and we had a lot of fun. On Friday I got a notification that a package had been delivered to our mailbox. Luckily we weren't very far away. We had to come home and get it because there was stuff in it that would melt (and no one else has a key to our mailbox). Scotty was glad we got to go home because he wanted to get more rope.

While we were camping, he built a zipline, a rope bridge, and a swing. The kids spent hours and hours playing on the ropes. It's pretty funny when you look all over and can't find your husband because he's up in a tree with his rope.

Camping

I took my turn on the rope.

Camping

We got home on Sunday, gave everyone a deep cleaning, and ended up having an impromptu BBQ at my in-laws'.

Nicky got his "bald haircut" last week, so he has been a happy boy. I don't have the heart to tell him that I'm going to make him grow hair for my brother's wedding at the end of July. He'll be furious. But I'll let him shave it off again after.

For the past week, we've been bird sitting. We have two parakeets, and some friends of our were heading out of town, so they brought their parakeet to stay at our house. The three birds talk to each other all day. Now our friends are going to have to either get their parakeet a girlfriend or bring him over everyday for play dates.

Two weeks down. Ten to go.

1 comment:

love.joy.lane said...

I love everything about this post!