Monday, June 4, 2018

My Five

You might have heard the quote from motivational speaker Jim Rohn that states, "You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with."

If this is true, I'm in trouble because I spend a lot of time with tantruming toddlers who poop their pants.

Today I've been thinking about who my five people might be (outside of my family).

Who is influencing me, and in what ways? But more importantly, whose "five people" do I belong in, and how am I influencing them?

If I am one of your five people, I probably owe you an apology. Chances are, I have turned you into an overeating, poorly dressed gossip. The good news is, you now do all your shopping at the DI. The bad news is, your food budget just tripled, and you have philly cheese steak stains on your shoes.

BUT...

Maybe I'm the way I am because of my five people.

So who's really to blame here?






No comments: