Saturday, April 21, 2018

What I'm Doing Right Now

Guess what I'm doing right now:

A) Hanging out in the waiting room at Instacare

B) Waiting diligently at the computer for Donny & Marie pre-sale tickets to go LIVE

C) Listening to the 13 Reasons Why audiobook



If you guessed B, you are correct, though a few weeks ago, I did A & C at the same time. That's when my strep journey began (and I'm wondering if we have a second round of strep beginning in the family. Daisy has been running a low fever and complaining of a sore throat and body aches for two days. She just finished antibiotics for strep last week. I know mostly nothing about anything, but with as many antibiotics she has had in her body in the last two months, I wonder if she has become tolerant) (also, the narrator in 13 Reasons Why is the same narrator as The Wednesday Wars, so it's hard to imagine that Clay is not Holling Hoodhood five years later).

By the end of this post, I'll be able to let you know if I'll be seeing Donny Osmond this summer. Are you on the edge of your seat? I am!

(It's okay if I don't see Donny Osmond this summer, but it would be fun, and it would be a pretty good way to entice Shannon to visit. But THE SUSPENSE of ticket buying! Oh my goodness!)

Six minutes and counting...

In other news, today is one of those days when I want to throw away everything in my house that isn't bolted down. I just took a van full of stuff to Deseret Industries. I keep donating and donating, and I never seem to have less stuff!

Today I took half my closet, half my shoes, and half my jewelry.

32 necklaces gently placed in sandwich bags in hopes of keeping them from getting too tangled.

Yes, that's right. I got rid of 32 necklaces.

You might have noticed that I said I got rid of half my jewelry. So that should give you an idea of how many necklaces I had when I started this morning.

Apparently I have a necklace problem.

Three minutes and counting...

I have a lot more stuff to donate, but I had to draw the line at what I could fit in my van. Perhaps after the Donny chaos, I'll do another load.

One minute and counting...

Gotta go.

-----------------------------

Sigh...

That was rough. 

Decisions, decisions. 

Ultimately, the Donny & Marie tickets were more than I wanted to pay. My price range was on the lawn, and I?

Will not sit on the lawn. 

No thank you. 

So I debated. Do I really want to see Donny?

Do I really?

I texted Scotty. He said do it (he is so good to me). I said, "But I don't actually know any Donny & Marie songs."

Then I had this thought... Donny isn't getting any younger. He could die soon. 

So I'm going.


I wonder what necklace I should wear...

No comments: