Monday, January 30, 2017

Get Your Lost References Here

Hello there!

This is my "long-time, no write" check in. It's pretty late, so I'm going to give myself the 'ole 15 minutes on the timer, and whatever happens happens.

(Remember how Daniel Faraday would always say, "Whatever happened... happened!" in that breathy voice of his? Lost? Anyone? Anyone? I fear I'm alone here).

Speaking of Lost, I study some of the teachings of various philosophers of whom Lost characters were named in homage to in school. Such as John Locke and Jean-Jacques Rousseau. Last week, I stumbled across some stuff from Jeremy Bentham (Anyone? Anyone?) whom I didn't even know was a philosopher (but should have assumed because that's how things go with Lost), and I was like, "Scotty! I'm reading about Jeremy Bentham!" and he was like, "Whaaaa?!?"

Kind of like how you're going "Whaaaaa?!?" right now because you probably have no idea what I'm talking about. What can I say? Lost references can strike at any moment, especially after 11:00 p.m.

(If you would just watch Lost, I wouldn't have to worry like this!)

Anyway, speaking of studying (it's all tying together here. Never fear!) I am working on some amazing stuff! I'm about bursting at the seams for not being able to blog about it. Why can't I blog about it? Well, I can give you the vague details. I am writing a family life education (FLE) workshop. I have been reading tons and tons of research, and it is all incredible! But I'm not going to post about any of it because I have to keep my work safe. This is my practicum, one of the final steps in earning my degree. The last thing I have to do for my degree (in addition to two more classes) is my internship. I will be working as a research assistant beginning in April. Eek! So excited! I'll be piloting a new workshop and possibly doing some writing and editing.

I love that I have reached a point in my education where I get to have more control over what I'm doing. The closer I get to the finish line, the more I get to focus on areas I am passionate about.

At this point, the stress level is high, but I'm having fun.

It's fun stress!

No comments: