Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Greetings From My Couch

I'm sick.

And it serves me right because, just the other day, I was thinking about what it was like back in my pre-child days to be sick and just nap and watch TV all day. I thought, "Gosh! I miss that! I kind of want to be sick like that again!" In fact, I dare say I was craving it.

I'm not lying. There is something appealing about barfing all day and getting to lay in bed with no disruptions. Key phrase: no disruptions. And therein lies the reason it's so appealing to me now - it's not possible with four little kids!

But today amidst the barfing and other things, I was able to have some of my dream come true thanks to my mom. Nicky and Daisy were at school, and my mom took Zoe and Eva for the day so I could be sick without kids. You guys? It was kind of amazing. Yeah, being sick sucks, and the timing wasn't great because I just started a new semester of school yesterday, but overall, it was wonderful.

I pretty much spent the day going back and forth from my couch to my bathroom, and then I would alternate between napping and doing homework. I felt like utter crap, but I didn't have to take care of my kids, and I had a legit reason to not clean... to not leave the house... and to not get dressed.

So thanks, Mom, for this glorious experience.

[insert angels singing]

But now I have to face reality. The kids are on their way home, and stomach bugs spread like wildfire. My journey is far from over. Who's next? And what am I going to have to rearrange this week to get through it? Time will tell.


3 comments:

Melanie said...

Sorry you're sick...maybe?! I had a nasty sore throat all weekend and it was miserable.

I do relate a bit to this post. A couple of years ago, as flu season was starting, I was thinking how nice it would be to stay home for a few days with a light touch of the flu. I totally cursed myself because I was struck with a bug and I absolutely could not get out of bed for one day and was miserable for a few days after that. Being single is never more miserable than when you have to drag yourself to the store for soup and orange juice.

Jana Lyn said...

Glad you had some time to recover, hope it doesn't spread too much. I find it always happens in the middle of the night too. Why oh why? I've been known to put buckets by all the beds, just in case.

Feisty Harriet said...

Oh my word, woman! I cannot imagine passing vomiting to a house full of children, that sounds like...well...my worst nightmare. Gaaaah!

xox