Friday, September 2, 2016

Currently {September 2016 Edition}

Reading: Another Brooklyn by Jacqueline Woodson. I don't really know a lot about the book, and I don't remember where I heard of it (I'm thinking NPR), but I'm on page 5.

Watching: Hart of Dixie and Lost. I usually have a "me show" and a "we show." A show for me and a show for Scotty and me together. 

Sidenote: Do you know how to tell when you should use "Scotty and me" versus "Scotty and I?" Just take Scotty out of the sentence, and you'll know. Example:

Scotty and I went to the bank.

I went to the bank.

My mom watched the kids for Scotty and me.

My mom watched the kids for me.

(Thank you, Mrs. Evans!)

Procrastinating: all things related to my schooling. I start up again next week. I don't have my books. I don't have my ecclesiastical endorsement. I don't have my financial aid. 

Wanting: color coded towels for all my kids. This is going to happen for Christmas. Each kid will get two towels in their color, and they will responsible for them. A logical consequence for not taking care of one's towel? You have no towel after your shower. Have fun. 

Craving: light sweater weather. I need it. 

Wearing: my undies. Note to self: don't to "Currently" when you're not dressed. 

Relieved by: school being back in. My house has been somewhat peaceful during the day, and it's wonderful!

Stressing about: nothing, really. That's weird. Give it time. 

Missing: my childhood toys. I am so sad that I didn't keep my Littlest Pet Shop toys. Back then they actually looked like animals! I had a grand collection. My daughters would have loved them. If only I'd known!

Excited to: go on a girls' weekend trip next week. One of my annual highlights, courtesy of my mother-in-law. 

Neglecting: the yard. We haven't kept up on our yard this year. Our lawn is half-dead, we have lots of weeds, and our tree needs trimming. 

Thankful for: kids who aren't sick!!! Eva and Zoe both had croup last week, and it was MISERABLE! Now that they are better, especially Eva, I am in awe at how magical they seem. They aren't crawling all over me and crying constantly. They play with toys, they eat snacks, and best of all, they are relatively happy children! These are the things you forget when they are sick. 

Looking forward to: decorating for fall. This is one of those things I used to love that depression took away from me. 

1 comment:

Feisty Harriet said...

Sweater weather!!!!! Neeeeeeeed!!

xox