Thursday, June 30, 2016

The Title is the Hardest Part (and ten other random facts)

Fact #1: Yesterday my baby figured out how to take the lid off the bottle of breakfast syrup. Imagine this for a moment: a 14-month-old at the kitchen table with a 1 gallon jug of Mrs. Butterworth's.

No really, I imagine it!

Are you crying?

Because you should be.

Fact #2: Today the three-year-old opened a can of root beer and poured it into several cups on the kitchen table and mostly missed the cups. Where was I? Vacuuming bedrooms downstairs.

Fact #3: Do you see how dangerous it is to clean? A mere attempt at tidy carpet has resulted in what I'm sure will be eternal root beer stickiness on the linoleum (which only adds to the never-ending syrup mess). The cost of cleaning is to high! Too high, I say.

Fact #4: The Giver is on Netflix  now. If you've never watched it, you should.

Fact #5: We recently got to a place in life where markers were allowed to be kept in accessible places. Zoe still had a few marker-related incidents from time to time, but for the most part, it was working for us. This week, Eva learned how to take the caps off markers, so I have to go back to hiding all of the markers. The problem is, I'm so out of the habit that I often forget. Now  there are master pieces all over my house, and I am constantly finding markers all over the house without lids on them. I throw away about two per day.

Fact #6: Notice how I put that Giver thing in there to break up the messes a bit. Let the truth be known: my life is messy.

Fact #7: I'm a firm believer in supportive pictures in blog posts and yet, I do not practice this belief because of laziness.  It's been a really long time since I've posted a picture of anything, so here is my kid in a crow mask:

Crow

Fact #8: Sometimes when I talk to people my age who are single, and we discuss their current dating life, I realize that, at this point in my life, making new friends is sometimes very similar to dating. I keep finding myself in whirlwind "romances." Is this true for everyone, or am I just creepy? 

Fact #9: Tonight I had to go to a square dancing activity in preparation for the upcoming pioneer trek I'm participating in next week. What is a pioneer trek, you ask? This is where Mormons get a little crazy and dress up as pioneers and pull handcarts through the middle of Wyoming. 

Hopefully I'll be able to elaborate on this more in another post, but anyway... square dancing. One of my least favorite things on earth. I don't like touching people I don't know. In fact, in most cases, I don't like touching people I do know, and square dancing is very touchy-feely, partner-switchingly awkward. 

But I was a good sport, and I did it. I held hands with 20 different sweaty males (all of whom were either teenagers or married men... awkward, awkward, akward!) Plus we were all dressed in full-on pioneer garb, and it was 96 degrees outside. 

Can someone get me a medal? Cuz I'm pretty sure I deserve one. 

Fact #10: I was a little surprised when we square danced to disco music and "Who Let the Dogs Out."

1 comment:

Feisty Harriet said...

Mr. Blue Eyes loathes the smell of syrup...LOATHES it. So I am imagining setting him up with you kid and a now-open gallon of Mrs. Butterworth for some kind of punishment. In my head, it is a really hilarious (for me) moment.

xox