Sunday, May 15, 2016

Everything Random I Can Throw Into A Post Before Monday Steals Me Away

This semester of school is very stressful. I have always been an 'A' student (or at least a 'Near A' student). I've gotten a few non-'A's in my life, mostly in classes that I hate, so in a way, it's always been my choice to not do as well as I could in those classes.

For the first time in my life, I am putting in countless hours, and I am getting lower grades. I took a test last night and got 25 out of 35, which is a D. I was allowed two tries on the test, so I went over all of the questions after my first attempt, and studied up on the answers as well as I could. Then I took the test again, had a different selection of questions (but some were still the same), and I got 23 out of 35, which is a lower D.

This particular class is Adolescent Development. I signed up for this class because I thought it would help me relate more to teenagers, but really, my negative testing experiences are adding to my already negative emotions about teenagers.

Let me give you a little sample of the test questions in this class:

1. Amelia wants to be a clown when she grows up. Amelia is:

a) Highly likely to start her period early

b) Slightly likely to start her period early

c) Highly likely to start her period late

d) Slightly likely to start her period late


(I have to throw in here that that is not an exact question from the test - lest I be accused of some twisted attempt at cheating -  but it is only a slight exaggeration of the real test questions. Plus, in education, we don't say "start periods," we say "reach menarche." Because we're intelligent and stuff).

And then, just to make things even better, the test had duplicate questions, so I had the special privilege of getting the Amelia question wrong twice in the same attempt.

[insert excessive grumbling about poorly written tests]

[end scene]

Moving on...

Did you notice I have a new header? Why, yes, I am an overachiever. I changed my Christmas header before June!



Thanks to my awesome friend Lynsie for designing it for me.

Moving on...

Look what I did last night:

Bubbles

(I'm the one on the ground, naturally)

I overcame my claustrophobic tendencies by constantly doing this:

Bubbles
{Britt seeks the sky}

This is something everyone should do at least once (play bubble sports, not seek the sky).

Moving on...

Note my sandals in the photo above. They were my Mothers' Day gift that I bought for Scotty to give to me. I also bought new glasses (as in cups) because I realized that, even though we owned 100 cups, there were not three alike in any form. I also switched out all of my bulky bowls and plates for plain white Correlle. I've wanted to do this for years, so I finally went wild, bought what I wanted, and texted Scotty, "Thanks for the Anniversary gift." He texted back, without knowing what I'd bought, "You're welcome. I did good this year, didn't I?" My stack of plates went from 18" tall to 3" tall. It's a beautiful thing. I'm quite fond of buying my own Mothers' Day and anniversary gifts.

Moving back to my first topic...

As you now know, I am taking Adolescent Development. For the past two (maybe three?) weeks, I have been studying puberty to the point where my head will explode if I hear the word hormone ever again (see how I had to whisper it just now?)

Let me just go on record to say that I am sick of hormones. I'm tired of testosterone and adrenal androgens. I'm annoyed by GH, and to be honest, I don't even know what that is, as indicated by my test scores, but by darn, don't you dare say GH in front of me, or I'll lose it. I'm telling you, I will!

Moving on...

I guess I better go because someone is calling me.

"Hello?"
Saint George 

"Oh, hey, Zack!"


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I literally almost peed myself reading this because I have a similar relationship with a certain resource math class (and by resource i mean 9th grade, because I apparently can't retain information when it comes to subjects I hate) where I was lucky enough to do worse the more times I took the test.