Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 in Review

What did you do in 2015 that you'd never done before?

parasailed over Lake Tahoe.

image  
{July 2015)

Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for the coming year?

My only resolution for 2015 was to give birth. It's all I could handle, and yes, I did it.

I will be making resolutions for 2016. I'm feeling all sorts of motivated even though there is a baby rolling around on my feet screaming right now in what I can only assume is an attempt to remind me that I currently have no control over my life, and I won't be able to accomplish anything that isn't on her terms.


Did anyone close to you give birth?

I did and so did one of my best friends. We each have four children of the same age and opposite gender, so we have already planned for them to marry each other, and then we will move to a commune and home school our grandchildren while living off the land.


image
{April 2015}


Did anyone close to you die?

My grandpa passed away a few weeks ago.

Untitled
{December 2015}

What countries did you visit?

None.


What would you like to have in 2016 that you didn't have in 2015?

A finished basement would be nice and maybe a van with a working fob. My doors don't unlock with buttons. First world problems.

We'll see, though.


What dates from 2015 will be etched in your mind?

April 15 because that's when my taxes were due.


Not really. April 15 because that's when Eva was born. 

What did you get really excited about?

Going to Disneyland in September, getting to the point where I can do a decent workout and feel good about my effort, and every good deal I found on clothing, food, or other items.


Grass less traveled by 
{Learning to run again - November 2015}

Did you suffer illness or injury?

Fortunately, no. Just the usual minor bugs and scrapes.


What was the best thing you bought?

Thirty-five pounds of strawberries for $.25 a pound. I'm sure I bought plenty of other awesome things this year (like the boots I got from Ross that are carrying me through the winter), but the strawberries were one of the best deals I found.

Where did most of your money go?

Dental work, medical bills, and vacations.

{Emergency Room - September 2015} 


Compared to this time last year, are you A) happier or sadder, B) thinner or fatter, C) richer or poorer?

A) Same
B) Thinner
C) Richer (but not "rich")

What was your favorite TV show?

Gilmore Girls, Sherlock, White Collar.

Sherlock is the only one I've watched on TV. The rest have been on Netflix. I don't think there's anything else on TV currently that I watch. 


What was the best book you read?

I hardly did any leisurely reading this year. In fact, Dad is Fat by Jim Gaffigan was probably the most enjoyable book I read for leisure this year, and that is pretty sad. I just don't read anymore outside of church and school. Fortunately I enjoy a lot of what I read for school.

Who was the best person you met?

Justin Timberlake.


Okay, so we didn't "meet," but there was eye contact. I swear! See? He's looking right at me!

11694121_477343035759094_2362181019590861316_n
{July 2015} 

image
{Alfonso Ribiero and Justin Timberlake}

What was your favorite film of 2015?

I'm very picky about movies. It's rare for me to like a movie. I don't see very many, and I don't watch many after they are released on DVD. My favorite for this year was probably The Martian. Other movies I saw this year were Unbroken (which was technically released in 2014, but I saw it on January 1st), Cinderella, The Good Dinosaur, The Peanuts Movie, Inside Out, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Minions, and Hotel Transylvania 2.  

Obviously my kids control my movie viewing, for the most part.

The only movie from 2015 that I watched on DVD was The Age of Adeline.  


What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

This year I turned 31. We had plans with friends, and at the last minute, they canceled. I was really upset (it didn't help that I was pregnant and hormonal). We went and saw Unbroken.


What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?

I wish I'd been in better shape this year. I don't necessarily mean "skinny," I just mean more fit. I spent a lot of this year feeling lost, and a lot of that was due to being out of shape. I've struggled to get back into running. It's hard starting over again, but I let myself go during my pregnancy and in the months following Eva's birth. I wish I would have stayed on top of my fitness better. 

How would you describe your fashion concept of 2015?

Stretchy pants and t-shirts.


I honestly don't know how to dress according to current trends. Clothes are so foreign to me right now.

What kept you sane?

Ha! Sane!


What valuable life lesson did you learn in 2015?

I learned (and am still learning) how to cultivate and rely on my own talents and not worry about the ones I don't have. I'm also learning to accept my current season of life and not long for the past or  rush to the future. I guess the ultimate lesson I need to continue learning is to be happy with who I am and the life I have.


What was your biggest achievement this year?

Having my fourth child and staying in school is probably my biggest achievement for this year.

{My fourth little achievement} 

Please forgive me for the sloppy formatting of this post. I've been having issues with blogger lately, and I think it's related to my use of flickr for my photos. I loathe the way the flickr info shows up on the photos when you hover over them. It didn't used to be like that, and as soon as they added that feature, my posts started being very hard to format. I need to change the way I add photos to my posts, but I've been procrastinating.

No comments: