Thursday, June 25, 2015

Sloppy Blogging

I'm right in the middle of my homework. Stuff I've been working on all day. It's great. So great. I need a break, so here I am... blogging with no rhyme or reason and no path in sight.

Sloppy blogging. That's what I'm all about at this point.

So, let me tell you about my life.

I have a garden. It's in rough shape. We got a really late start on our planting this year, and we did very little prep work. We are also doing very little upkeep, so things are a bit (or should I say a lot) "weedy,"

A few weeks ago, a Mama Robin built a nest in our peach tree (which happens to be in our garden) and laid some eggs. Then Mama Robin's babies started hatching and she got territorial. Any time anyone goes in the garden, she goes crazy. She leaves her nest, perches on the perimeter, and starts squawking all sorts of profanities. Then she dives at our heads. At first she'd fly within a couple inches. Then she got more serious and started ruffling my hair. Now, she's just downright pissed off, so if I go in the garden, she charges right at my head with no fear. I am forever ducking and squatting.

Robin

It's intense, and I have become a bit flinchy. The other day we went to a reservoir, and some kids were throwing frisbees on the beach. One came within five feet of me, and I almost jumped out of my beach chair.

Talk about fight or flight!

According to the internet, robins mature in two weeks, but then they take 10-15 more days to master the art of flying. Hopefully they'll all be out of my hair (literally) any day now, but I'm not sure when they'll relocate. In the meantime, Mama Robin and I have quite the rivalry going on.

In other news...

I have a very fun dialogue going on on facebook right now. I asked my 'friends' if they'd let me guess their color profile (from the Color Code), so all day, I've been guessing people's personality types. There have been family members, close friends, and even a few bloggers participating (I'm currently on pins and needles waiting to see if I was right about Melanie, whom I've never met. I was spot-on with Amy, whom I have spent about five minutes with in person, and I was pretty close with Becky). Even my ninety-year-old neighbor got in on the action (as well as her daughter and two grand-daughters... it's turned into a multi-generational gig).

Some of them are trying to guess my color as well. Tonight I will make my grand reveal...

And with those two things, I'm going to go ahead and wrap this up. Look forward to more sloppy blogging in the future. My brain is fried from school, so all you get are the leftovers!

P.S. I started watching the Gilmore Girls on Netflix. I just feel like I need to throw that out there.




1 comment:

love.joy.lane said...

Sloppy blogging... I like it!!!

The color code test actually changed my life. When I learned that Cosette was the whitest of whites, I completely revamped how I parented her.