Saturday, June 6, 2015

Post-Pregnancy Cravings

Since having Eva, I have been experiencing a glorious "return to self." When I'm pregnant, I'm not myself at all, and I don't particularly care for the person I am during that time. It has been so great to rediscover who I am and to have access to my former abilities.

That makes it sound like I temporarily lost some superhero powers or something, but to be honest, that's kind of what it feels like - I'm regaining my superhero powers!


(When you're pregnant, something as simple as tying your shoe starts to seem like a superhero power).

With my returning to self has come some cravings for things I didn't get enough of during pregnancy.

Craving #1: Food

Since I have major taste aversion when I'm pregnant, I develop a very complicated relationship with food. The second the baby is out, food suddenly starts to taste good again. The problem with that is that I suddenly want to eat ALL THE THINGS.


Craving #2: TV

This one's a little more complicated. I have this unruly desire to binge-watch a TV show. I am craving me some TV something fierce, but there's no time for TV right now. Any time that could be TV time has to be homework time instead. The last time I binge-watched a TV show was about two years ago when I watched the first season of The Paradise while drinking peanut butter banana shakes. I'm overdue.


Craving #3: Time with Friends

I'm a very neglectful friend when I'm pregnant. I get pretty anti-social, so some of my friends just give up on me, and we fall out of touch. Now I'm realizing how much I've missed my friends, and I'm trying to squeeze in some time with them whenever I can. I can't believe how good it feels to catch up and have a conversation with someone who doesn't call me "the stupidest mommy ever!" 

(At least not to my face).




No comments: