Thursday, June 4, 2015

Birthday Posters - The Second Half

For the past two years, I've made birthday posters for my son's school. You can see last year's posters here, and the first half of this year's posters here.

Each month I get a list of the student's birthdays and make a poster with their names on it. 

In January, I did a poster with stars and guitars. 

image 

February was "Birthday Sweethearts." I sacrificed my favorite box for this poster. I found it at Sam's Club in the pile of boxes, and it was entirely white and had handles. Take my word for it, it was an amazing box.

image 

In March I paid tribute to the NCAA (which I care nothing about). My husband and kids were all obsessed with their brackets, so it's really all I could think of.

image 

In April, I did a bubble gum machine. At this point, I was nine months pregnant, and I was a little bit miserable. I ended up asking a friend to come help me because maneuvering my sizable belly around a school poster wasn't exactly my idea of fun. I pawned off a lot of the cutting, and she was heppy to oblige.

image 

For May's poster, I had a two-week-old baby. I had great intentions of having May's poster completed before I had the baby, but it didn't happen. This Pac-Man poster took everything out of me! I pretty much let Daisy take over. It was supposed to have a sign above it that read, "A-MAZE-ing May Birthdays," but when I went to print it, I was one piece of paper short, and I just didn't care anymore.

image

I'm not sure if I'll be doing it again next year. The school will have a new PTA president, so things might be different. Part of me is happy to retire, but another part of me wants to keep doing it. It has been a nice assignment because I've been able to be involved with the school, but it's something I can do on my own time and without worrying about coordinating with other people. 

No comments: