Friday, May 8, 2015

I Still Haven't Seen the Latest Hobbit Movie (and ten other random facts)

Fact #1: So... This happened the other day on our street:

image

Just in case you can't tell, the bottom of the telephone pole is GONE. Yep. It's just a-danglin' there by the wires. No big deal.

Fact #2: Scotty graduated last week! Well, technically he graduated last June, but he got to wear the fancy cap and gown last week and shake some dude's hand and have his name pronounced all wrong and whatnot.

image

Fact #3: That lei was approved by my OB/GYN.

Think about it...

Wait for it...

If you don't get it now, you never will.

Fact #4: We went to the Scouting Expo last weekend and saw this:

image

Look closer...

image

Yep. That's a teepee with a sign that says "pole dance." 

Is there a pole dancing merit badge? If so, that's news to me.

Fact #5: Winco has gummi chicken feet right now. I think they're hilarious! And you can even feel the toes in your mouth when you eat them!

image

Fact #6: I went for my first post-baby run the other night. I did much better than I expected. It helped that it was raining. I love running in the rain (just not half marathons and there musn't be wind!)

image

I felt like I was really slow, but when I finished, my average pace was only a few seconds slower than my pre-pregnancy pace (and that's with slowing to a walk twice so I could fiddle with my iPod). I was amazed because I was 2-3 minutes slower per mile while I was pregnant (further proof that pregnancy is messed up!) and I thought I'd still be around there for a while. Now I need to start working on building up my distance and managing the oncoming heat!

Fact #7: This is Twinkie, the Naughtiest Bunny in the World and Master Escape Artist.

Earky 2015

She keeps getting out of her bunny chamber. After her first several escapes, she remained in the yard, and we were able to catch her, but the other day, my neighbor drove over in her jazzy chair with Twinkie in a purse. Apparently Twinkie likes a challenge.

Fact #8: I am so not interested in school right now. It's torture trying to do my homework. 

Fact #9: Eva and I like to practice our facial expressions together.

image

Fact #10: I have a bit of an obsession with lemon. I'm going to make these pancakes for Mother's Day. I hope they're good! 

1 comment:

Lindz said...

You give me hope! I'm terrified as to what my running pace will be when I finally get to get back at it! Way to go!

Also... I hope it was a beautiful lei. Ha.

Lastly, hope all is going well in the world of 4! kids. I'll be coming back with "how do you parent two" questions soon enough.