Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Currently {Ain't Nobody Got Time for That Edition}

Reading: texts for  school. While they are fascinating and providing me with knowledge that will be very useful in my life, they are not fulfilling my need for indulgent reading. Must. Read. Something. Soon. But ain't nobody got time for that!

Procrastinating: getting back into a regular exercise routine. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Craving: a Calypso Peach lemonade. So dangerous! And sugary! I'm working on quitting.

Dreading: a group project I have to do for school this week. Group projects... Blech! Ain't nobody got time for that!

Wearing: running clothes. I went for a run at 7:00 this morning, it's now nearly 7:00 at night. I stink, and I need to shower, but ain't nobody got time for that! 

Needing: to go outside and plant some starts in my garden while it's not raining, but ain't nobody got time for that!

Suffering from: a cough and a tid bit of sinus pressure. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Thankful for: my health - mental and physical. I have been thinking a lot about the ailments of the body and mind lately and the impact those ailments have on people, and I am so grateful to be in a good place mentally and physically right now. 

Enjoying: having a baby around the house. She is a time-consuming, little thing, but I am so aware of how quickly this phase goes, so I am happy to let other things wait while I snuggle and swoon over Eva.

Proud of myself for: only eating one piece of pizza when I usually eat significantly more (I'm not even going to throw a number out - you might be shocked).

Frustrated by: both of my instructors for this semester. I hate when a class ends up being more about interpreting the instructor's directions than actually learning the material.  Ain't nobody got time for that!

Looking forward to: vacation! We have two vacations planned for this summer. One is mini and one is a bit larger. The fun all starts at the end of June.

Wishing: that vegetables tasted more like eclairs or cheesecake.

Splurging on: shade for our back yard. I found a really good deal on an aluminum gazebo at Sam's Club (think $800 off!!) We've never been able to afford to have an awning put over our patio, so we've roasted in our back yard for years. Now we have a small amount of permanent shade to enjoy.

Loving: the new fence Scotty built around our garden to keep the chickens out. 

Hoping to: have a really structured, well-organized, fantastic summer break with my kids. 

Worried about: the classes I registered for for summer semester. It is a six-week semester, so it will double my typical workload. Ain't nobody got time for that!




2 comments:

BerlyCrow said...

Looking Forward To: I like how you refer to it as "The Fun." Until now I've been referring to it as "Family Hell Month," but I shall now begin replacing 'Hell' with 'Fun.'

Worried: I'm still hoping for a bunch of Friday's this summer.....will that help at all?

Feisty Harriet said...

Girl, I will eat an entire pizza all by myself. And not one of those dainty "personal size" ones. A large. I will eat a large pizza loaded with toppings and a liter of Diet Dr. Pepper like it's no big thang.

I also sometimes use the not-really-a-word term "thang." For emphasis.

xox