Saturday, August 3, 2013

Currently {August 2013 Edition}

Reading: The Elite by Kierra Cass. This is one of those books that I'm embarrassed to be reading (and enjoying). Sigh.

Watching: Master Chef and So You Think You Can Dance.

Procrastinating: finding a new dentist. August marks one year since my last check-up, and I'm having problems with the tooth that I have already had a root canal AND a crown on. I just can't win with teeth!

Wanting: some new dresses.

Craving: red velvet cheesecake and ice water.

Wearing: a pink top I bought from the thrift store (it has pockets - I am quite fond of pockets).

Relieved by: school starting in less than three weeks.

Stressing about: Nicky going to a new school. This is going to be a wonderful opportunity for him, but Nicky and I both have anxiety, and we do not deal well with anything outside our comfort zones.

Missing: my maid. She hasn't been able to come for a week and a half.

Excited to: participate in a 5k in a few weeks and actually RUN!

Neglecting: cleaning sidewalk chalk off the exterior of my house. It looks like we've been vandalized by a bunch of ruffian preschoolers.

Thankful for: God's tender mercies. We've had many of them come our way in the past few weeks.

Looking forward to: pants weather. I like pants.




2 comments:

Melanie said...

I'll let you have all of my pants weather because I love wearing shorts.

Amber said...

I read the Elite recently and secretly liked it as well.