Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A Happy Clue Spartan Birthday

Yesterday was Sotty's birthday, and I wrote a super awesome post about him. Blogger has always been really good about automatically saving drafts, but lately it has been glitchy, and even when I click "save," it deletes my posts. So Super Awesome Birthday Post?

Gone!

And impossible to re-create because I was "in the zone" when I wrote the original.

Trust me, it was good stuff.

(And I may be embellishing a bit).

Anyway, over the weekend we did some fun stuff to celebrate Scotty's birthday. On Friday night we had our (almost) weekly game night with our Bestest Buds, Chad and Carlie. Chad and Scott'ys birthdays are only a few days apart (as are mine and Carlie's), so Carlie and I surprised them with...

Spartan Race

A night of Clue!

You see, Chad and Scotty LOVE Clue, but there are a few games that Carlie and I refuse to play with them because... well... Chad and Scotty can be a little annoying during them. Clue is one of those games. 

So for YEARS, the men folk have been BEGGING us to play Clue, and we always give a big thumbs down to the suggestion.

Carlie and I decided that we would finally play Clue with Chad and Scotty for their birthdays. That, of course, meant decorations and themed food.

Spartan Race

Spartan Race

But not to excess. 

I cut a few shapes out of construction paper and hung a "Happy Birthday" sign, and BAM! We had ourselves a party.

For the food, we served Colonel Mustard Curry Chicken, Mrs. White Rice, and Mr. Green Salad. Carlie spent hours making a Miss Scarlet Cheesecake (which was fabulous and beautiful, but the photos didn't really turn out). 

The birthday boys were happy as can be, and Carlie and I actually had a lot of fun (it helps that I won three times).

On Saturday, Scotty ran the Spartan Beast, wherein he showed off his manliness by doing things like wading through mud puddles:

Spartan Race 

Carrying heavy stuff: 

Spartan Race 

Climbing ropes: 

  Spartan Race 

Crawling under barbed wire: 

 Spartan Race

Jumping over fire: 

 Spartan Race 

 And cannon balling: 

  Spartan Race

Yes, I am married to a Spartan, and I'm very proud of him.

But I'm even more proud of his devotion to his family, his selflessness, and his easy-going personality. Scotty is one-of-a-kind, and I am so lucky to be his wife.

(See how I got all sappy there? I do that sometimes!)

Happy Birthday, Scotty!

2 comments:

Katie said...

What a fantastic Birthday weekend for Scotty! I loved the theme food too. So clever. Tell him Happy Birthday from us :)

heidikins said...

That last photo is, by far, the best. It looks like the other mud-waders are desperately trying to get away from Scotty. Ha!

xox