Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Three Babies

Baby #1

I just spent nine months trying to not care about the Royal baby. I looked away from the headlines in the grocery store. I avoided the trending articles on the internet. I refrained from googling "Kate's baby bump" and using an itty bitty ruler to measure its progress on my computer screen.

All of this is not to be a non-conformist but to do my small part to give the poor folks some privacy.

But now Prince George is here, and I can't stop staring at pictures of Kate's beautiful hair and her blue polka-dot dress. I see links to new photos EVERYWHERE, and I...

CAN'T...

RESIST...

Baby #2

Jimmy Fallon just welcomed a baby girl. For some reason, I feel like a close friend of mine just became a father, which is weird because I have watched exactly ONE episode of Jimmy Fallon. Ever. And it happened to be last Thursday night while I was waiting for my canner to depressurize.

But through frequent viewing of YouTube clips from Fallon's show, I feel like we are close pals.

Oh, Jimmy! I'm so happy for you!

Now please announce the wee babe's name so I can stop obsessing over it.

Baby #3

One of my best friends had a baby girl yesterday. Her birth was a little bit of a surprise because she wasn't due until mid-August, but Momma went in for her routine check-up, and her blood pressure was high.

Today I had the opportunity to go see the baby in the hospital, and she is so perfect. Born early, she weighed in at 5 lbs 15 oz. She is the smallest baby I have ever held. I could have stared at her little pool ball head for hours!

This has been a good week for babies. Keep 'em coming!


No comments: