Tuesday, July 28, 2026

I need a three-day nap (and ten other random facts)

Fact #1: I am really tired, and I should be asleep right now, but I’m away from home and I have a few problems:

1. I don’t have my blankies

2. I don’t have the right pillow configuration

3. My kids are in the room 

4. I don’t have my cpap

Fact #2: Yesterday I was playing Crossplay (basically Scrabble), and I spelled the word “ditto.” That made me remember when I first learned the word “ditto” - I thought it was the greatest word ever! I would use it anytime I could. I’d be like “ditto!” And in my head I’d think, “OMG, I’m so cool!”

Fact #3: Zoe learned about Jimothy at FSY last week. She is absolutely terrified of him and thinks he’s coming to get her. 

Jimothy traveling from Seattle to sneak into Zoe’s bed

Fact #4: I have an overwhelming desire to go clubbing with Miranda Hart and Steve Martin. And by clubbing, I mean some sort of activity that allows us to be home in our jammies by 7:00 pm. 

Fact #5: My kids have been buying the Stranger Things Kinderjoy eggs hoping for a Steve Harrington. Eva got one the other day, and she was so happy, she cried. 

Fact #6: Life lesson: never let your eye bags prevent you from sharing your gigantic onion ring with the world!


Fact #7: School starts in two weeks. I’m equal parts ready and not ready. 

Fact #8: I recently determined that if I needed to identify a TV character to describe myself, I would be a mix of Beverly Goldberg and Liz Lemon. 

Liz Lemon would love my giant onion ring

Fact #9: The evolution of Nicky’s latest haircut:

June 22

July 27

Fact #10: I’ve never had a good experience bowling with my kids (written whilst bowling with my kids).



No comments: