Thursday, August 3, 2023

Currently {August 2023 Edition}

Reading:


Wearing: cut off jeans and a shirt I got from the DI.

Cooking: zucchini, a thousand different ways.

Annoyed by: moms who don’t keep an eye on their kids near water. First and foremost, for safety. But also because other people’s kids always come and mess with my stuff, and I’m like, “Little One! Where is your mother? Why am I now babysitting you?” And I get stuck making sure the kid doesn’t leave on my kayak or chop her toes off with my beach shovel.

Struggling with: staying within budget. Summer has me feeling reckless.

Wanting: a bigger budget.

Just kidding. That doesn't seem to solve anything. It's amazing how quickly we can adapt to "more money."

Singing:

“Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived.”

Dreading: my annual physical with my doctor next week.

Watching: 

It’s so sappy, and Bill’s drawl drives me nuts, but I’m in it for the long haul!

(Seriously, though, any time Bill comes on screen, I’m like, “Oh gosh, please don’t speak!”)

I watched half of this today.

Sad about: my sunflowers took some damage in the rainstorms today yesterday (I've been writing this post since Monday).

Embarrassed by: a lot of the things Zoe and Eva say. They lack tact in many social areas. 

Happy about: the rainstorms today - despite the destruction to some of my plants. We celebrated by playing in the gutter with the neighbors.


Looking forward to: getting back to the school routine. It will take a week or two for me to work through my end of summer guilt (I always feel guilty for not enjoying summer, and I go through a weird guilt thing about being a stay-at-home-mom), but then I should start seeing some significant changes in my mood and ability to function.

Wishing: I could go on a spontaneous vacation.

Listening to: 

I’m listening, but I’m not paying attention. 

Missing: my 30 year old body. 

Eating: lots of garden veggies. 

Buying: back to school clothes. Nobody really “needs” anything, but it seems to always help everyone get a little more excited if they have a few new things to take into the school year. 

Playing:

Wondering: how many eggs are in the chicken house right now. 

Procrastinating: nothing. Well, probably something that I can't think of, but this morning I tackled two things I've been putting off for a while (registering my kids for school and uploading Nicky's forms to play fall sports), and it feels so nice to have them done. 

Worried about: how my kids are going to do socially this school year. 

Craving: water.

Thankful for: dental hygiene. 



No comments: