Saturday, February 4, 2023

I Tried

Now that all my free birthday food has been redeemed, I’m trying to be a little bit healthier. Nothing crazy - just backing off from excessive sugar and deep fried foods and trying to eat smaller portions (cause Friends, this girl can eat. Let me tell you). 

Yesterday Scotty and I went to Red Robin to redeem a free (but non-birthday) meal (gosh, how I love free food). I decided to make a healthier choice and have a teriyaki chicken sandwich (my usual at Red Robin) with salad instead of fries. It takes a lot for me to go for salad over fries, but yesterday it actually sounded really good. 

The problem is… the Universe wouldn’t allow it. 

When the server came to take our order, she brought out a basket of hot fries and plunked it down on the table right in front of me. I had to eat them! I didn’t want to hurt her feelings! I’m not going to be personally responsible for a Red Robin employee crying herself to sleep after her shift because I wouldn’t eat her fries!

I still stuck with my original plan and ordered the chicken sandwich with a salad, but after a few fries, my palate was no longer prepped for salad. There’s no going back.

To make things all the more exciting, when my food came out, they brought me the Banzai burger instead of the chicken sandwich. I debated whether I should say anything, but ultimately, I like the burger just as well. It’s a few more calories, but I’m not calorie-obsessed, and I figured if I like the food either way, I might as well eat what’s in front of me rather than wait for them to make my meal again. 

Half-way through my burger, the server came to the table and said, “I realized I brought you the wrong food!” and she plunked a whole, hot, fresh teriyaki chicken sandwich down in front of me.

So I went from teriyaki chicken sandwich and side salad to fries, Banzai burger, teriyaki chicken sandwich, and side salad. Frankly, with the way things were going, I’m surprised a Coke didn’t fall into my mouth while I was there. It would have been just my luck, being that I’m 35 days soda sober.

1 comment:

love.joy.lane said...

Yum... bonzai burger or chicken is my go-to there too!