Thursday, February 2, 2023

Currently {February 2023 Edition}

 Reading:


I have had a huge influx of books with cartoony book covers on hold come in all at once. It started with Lessons in Chemistry, then came The Chicken Sisters and How Not to Die Alone. Then came Starfish and Finlay Donovan is Killing It. It's too much. Too much, I say! Boy, was I glad when The Christie Affair and This Tender Land came in to break it up. 


Wearing: black leggings and a black sweatshirt to match my soul.

Annoyed by: being awake at 4:00 every morning and then finally falling back asleep right when it’s time to get up for the day (I’ve been doing this since August for some reason).

Struggling with: Zoe and Eva. Those two are going to challenge me for life. Nothing makes me want to throw my hands in the air and say, "I give up!" quite like those two. 

Watching:


It's time for another screening of Lost in the Brittish household. Scotty and I have brought Nicky into the fold. We can't wait for him to see what's in the hatch (we're just a few episodes away)! Daisy watched an episode with us the other night, and she couldn't stop talking about it. I'm one proud mama.

Singing: "Rasputin" by Boney M.

Building: a bird puzzle.

Looking forward to: a lunch date with the hubs today. There will be coupons. 

Cooking: Honey Lime Tilapia… if I stick with the meal plan for the week after the aforementioned lunch date.

Listening to:

Eating: lots of eggs. Ask me why… 

Because, look!


Tired of: buying five things at the grocery store and having it come to $70.

Playing:




These are the new games we’ve added to our rotation so far this year. We’ve managed to cut our Ark Nova time down from four hours to about two and a half when it’s just Scotty and me playing. Ever improving! 

Frustrated by: brain fog. I’m having a hard time focusing lately. It comes and goes, but right now, it’s in full force. 

Enjoying: Nicky being able to drive. What a huge life-change this has been! Other than his tire blowing yesterday.

It’s hard to see with the lighting, but look closely! We don't know what the heck happened! It just, like… fell apart!

Wanting: perfect recall and the ability to teleport. Is there an app for that?

Laughing about: falling out of my bed the other night. I don’t know how it happened, but suddenly I was sliding off the side of the mattress in slow motion, and I started frantically grabbing at the bedding as if it could save me. 

Happy about: our new dishwasher. I try to not let my happiness hinge too much on material possessions, but it has seriously improved the quality of my life. 

Curious about: a conversation I overheard the other day between a husband and wife, and I'm just dying to know what was going on. Oh, to be a fly on the wall! I just want to hang out at other people's houses and observe them all day. People fascinate (and confuse) me.

Buying: food and gas. And even though I just bought food and gas, there’s always a need for more food and gas.

Feeling: sluggish, unmotivated, annoyed, and selfish. 

Missing: having a working DVD player in the van. It’s been dead for a few years. 

Procrastinating: making eye doctor appointments for my kids who can't see anything.

Grateful for: a van with working doors. One of the doors froze shut the other night, and it wouldn’t open for most of the next day, and I remembered my last van and some of the problems the doors had, and it made me so grateful for every working part of my current van!

And when the door finally opened again, I rejoiced!


No comments: