Thursday, November 24, 2022

On This Day of Thanksgiving

I always want to post something on Thanksgiving, but I never really know what to say. Over the years, I’ve posted endless lists of things I’m grateful for (on both Thanksgiving and non-Thanksgiving days), and it’s starting to feel like it’s losing sincerity. While I am truly grateful for many things, I worry that I don’t do justice to my blessings when I write. 

Our Thanksgiving table this year
in Newport Beach!

Alas, here are a few things I’m especially grateful for today:

  • My husband and children
  • My home
  • The opportunity to be alive, to make mistakes, and to learn and grow
  • Anyone who has openly forgiven me
  • Having enough
  • Scotty’s job and the option to be a stay-at-home mom
  • My body
  • My van
  • My phone (there, I said it)
  • The beautiful earth
Happy Thanksgiving, dear friends!

No comments: