Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Currently {February 2022 Edition}

Reading:

Struggling with: control. Anyone who knows me in real life can attest to the fact that I'm a control freak. I'm trying so hard to not be! 

Also, our two youngest children are putting us through the wringer lately. 

Wearing: joggers that have mysteriously gotten too tight, and a bright blue hoodie. 

Listening to:


Trying: to use up some of our food storage instead of buying groceries. I have an orthodontist bill to pay, so I’m trying to not be spendy… which is hard because I kind of love grocery shopping.

Looking forward to: the next pay day that allows me to buy potatoes so I don't have to eat instant potatoes anymore. 

Watching:



Since we are learning about Noah in Come Follow Me this week, I thought it would be fun to watch Evan Almighty. I love this movie!

Hoping: that we will be able to go to our rescheduled Hamilton show. I have this underlying feeling of dread that we're not going to be able to go. We're gonna have COVID. 

Laughing about: the "brocation" stories I've heard for the past few days. 

(Kevin lost his Brocation shirt)

Eating: grilled island chicken and green salad. 

Feeling: slow and unmotivated. Kind of sad. Kind of doomed. Super tired. But the good news is, I actually wrote this post yesterday, so I might feel better today! (which is actually tomorrow because I'm writing this yesterday, which is currently today, and today I'm sad, but maybe I won't be tomorrow which is now today). 

(Before you worry about me, let me tell you why I feel (or felt) this way. Part of it is a PMS issue. Sometimes I get some hardcore PMS, and I literally hate everyone for 3-5 days. But in addition to that, I played single mother for a few days while Scotty was on vacation, and my kids were out of school on Friday. So I was very much looking forward to them going to school on Monday, so I could recover a bit. Then one of my kids woke up with sniffles, and in an effort to be responsible, I kept her home from school. So my recovery day was thwarted). 

Singing: "Teardrops on My Guitar." I don't know why it's stuck in my head. 

Playing: 


Daydreaming about: the day I choose "beast" as my first Wordle word, and the word is, in fact, "beast!" Everyone will think I cheated. 

(Today was not that day).

Procrastinating: my church assignments for the week. 

Loving: the blanket I'm currently wrapped in. I already took a nap today, but I wouldn't mind having another. Unfortunately I have a kid home from school sick and another kid that needs to be picked up in a few minutes. 

Thinking about: how glad I am that God has not asked me or my husband to build a big boat. 

Grateful for: my dishwasher - even though it barely works. Lately I've been feeling guilty about having a dishwasher. It's so silly, but when I'm putting dishes in it, I keep thinking, "What is this life I'm living where I have a machine to wash my dishes???" 

No comments: