Thursday, February 24, 2022

20 Questions

1. Do you prefer writing with black ink or blue ink?

Black

2. If you could learn a new skill, what would it be?

To play the fiddle and to rap battle

3. What was your favorite book as a child?

There isn't just one book, but some that come to mind are The Boxcar Children, Wait Till Helen Comes, and The Witches. 

4. Do you prefer reading paper or electronic books?

I love both. There's something fun about picking up a copy of a book from the library and watching the pages turn and progress as you read. But I also love the ease of e-books, and I love that when I use the Kindle app, I can touch a word and look up the definition, see the percentage of the book I have read, and highlight passages and have them linked to my Goodreads account so I can look back at them any time, even after the book has been sucked back into the library's e-book vortex. Also, e-books are great companions for late nights when I need to keep the lights low so my posterity can sleep. 

5. What is your favorite item of clothing?

Hoodies and stretchy pants

6. Do you like your name? Would you ever change it?

I used to hate my name. Brittany is a stuck up name, and growing up, there were often girls named Brittany in shows who were bratty and mean (Alvin and the Chipmunks and Recess to name a few). But now I'm pretty indifferent about it. I wouldn't change it because that's too big a decision to make. I've named four humans already. I don't need to name myself. 

7. What is the strangest thing you've ever eaten?

Hot dogs and hamburgers with peanut butter on them

8. What can you see outside your bedroom window?

Pretty boring stuff. My yard. My neighbor's yard. An ugly tree. A road. 

9. Do you keep a journal?

Yes. I've always been a documenter. Journals, notebooks, photographs, blogs... It comes very natural to me to keep records of things. 

10. Do you like your cereal soggy or crunchy?

Crunchy

11. Do you like ice in your drinks?

Yes unless it's canned or bottled soda because it just goes flat over ice. If I go to an event and they serve room temperature 2 liters next to a bowl full of ice, I'm not even tempted. 

But water? Yes to ice! Fountain drinks? Yes to ice!

(FYI, I'm currently soda sober... again). 

12. Do you like reading? What was the last thing you read?

Do I like reading?

Yes. Yes, I do!

Today I finished a book called Doll-Baby by Laura Lane McNeal. I'm almost done with I Must Betray You by Ruta Sepetys, which I started yesterday. 

13. What would you do if you found $50 on the ground?

Assuming I get to keep it and still be considered a moral person, I would treat myself to lunch and then hightail it to Ross to buy new salt and pepper shakers* and a doormat. 

14. What can you hear right now?

A pulsing in my left ear due to fluid (see #40) unless I tip my head to the side and the fluid shifts

15. What word best describes you?

Annoyed

16. Do you like spicy food?

Mild spice is okay. Just a little hint of heat. I can't handle much. 

17. What do you regret the most?

Not learning how to play the piano

18. What is your dream job?

Choreographer, author, therapist, and audiobook narrator all in one. I also think it would be awesome to be a licensed therapist slash hairdresser so I can make people look good and sneak some therapy into them, but I don't actually like doing hair. 

19. What do you hate to spend money on?

Spices! They are so expensive. Today I had to buy 4 bottles of obscure spices, and it cost me over $20! Every time I have to add a spice to my grocery list, I cry a little inside. I get them from the bulk bins at WinCo whenever I can. 

20. What time do you wake up in the morning?

75% of the time I wake up between 5:00-5:30. My ideal wake-up time would probably be 6:30, but my bladder doesn't hold that long, and if I wake up after 4:00 a.m., I have a hard time going back to sleep.


*If you know about the great salt and pepper shaker Christmas scandal of 2015, I must inform you that the lid of my salt shaker broke a few weeks ago, and I am now again in the market for new S&P shakers about which I am extremely picky. 

1 comment:

wanishajadwin said...

Snow Peak Titanium - Team's Official Site of the
Winter micro touch trimmer Mountain is our official site for the hottest COVID-19 snow peak titanium spork levels, where it's A full smith titanium scale ski resort and ski campground titanium chopsticks featuring titanium white dominus price ski, snow,