Monday, January 28, 2019

100 Things to Eat

It's nearly midnight, and I can't sleep for two reasons.

#1: I just watched Abducted In Plain Sight on Netflix (Shannon made me do it), and I am so weirded out and can't stop thinking about it

#2: I love Mondays, and I'm really excited to start a new week 

I'm a little hyper and could probably benefit from running laps or something, but since it's so late, I'm going to channel my energy into blogging. Sometimes when I'm hyper, it gets me writing more frequently. 

Before I watched Netflix, I ate a mug of rocky road ice cream (you pack it in there real good, and then you have a handle! It's delightful! And I swear it tastes better in a mug), and that got me thinking about some of my food preferences - because, you see, I'm very particular about ice cream. I pretty much only like Dreyer's rocky road. I want my rocky road to have mini marshmallows in it and NOT marshmallow cream - hence, Dreyer's is the way to go (I also like the rocky road shakes from Dairy Keen in Heber... because mini marshmallows). That's not to say that I won't eat any other ice cream if it's placed in front of me (I am weak), but I find most other ice creams to be "meh." My heart is with the Dreyer's rocky road. 

So I thought, "Hey, I should write a post about some of my weird food preferences." For example, I like to eat kettle corn approximately once every three years, but it had to be someone else's. So I need YOU to buy kettle corn at the ball game and then offer me some. Because kettle corn only tastes good if it's someone else's.

But then I realized I don't want to put all my food things out there lest I hurt feelings or make people think I'm super picky. 

Plus, we had a family discussion about chili tonight that got a little intense and possibly hurt some feelings (you see, homemade chili is delicious, but if I'm eating a chili cheese dog, chili cheese fries, or chili on a baked potato, I want it to come from a can).

So rather than making myself sound like a picky eater (which I'm not... except for when I am...) I decided, instead, to tell you 100 things I love to eat!

Oh yes, this is happening, and it's going to make me so hungry happy.


In no particular order, here is an incomplete list of things I love to eat:

1. Fresh spring rolls in peanut sauce
2. Cereal
3. Toast
4. Slices of cheese dipped in mustard
5. Philly cheese steak sandwiches from Moochie's
6. Baked potatoes with butter, sour cream, and pepper
7. Hot brownies
8. Massaman curry
9. Good quality sushi
10. Lunchables (don't judge me!)
11. Sour dough bread
12. Pistachios
13. Hershey's with almonds
14. Nutrageous
15. Fresh guacamole
16. Soft pretzels with cheese
17. Stephen's hot chocolate (just the boring milk chocolate flavor)
18. Graham crackers in milk (like cereal)
19. Cheeseballs (but only at Christmas)
20. Kraft macaroni and cheese within the first three minutes (after that it's not good anymore)
21. Maple donuts from Reams
22. Food from my Chinese restaurant
23. Gyros and root beer
24. Fries and fry sauce
25. Fish tacos
26. Sunchips 
27. The seafood sandwich from Grove Market
28. Grilled cheese sandwiches
29. Lettuce wraps
30. Frozen blueberries that are thawed just slightly
31. Fresh peaches
32. Fresh peas
33. Corn on the cob 
34. My grandma's baked beans
35. My mother-in-law's baked beans
36. Artisan bread (but not foccacia)
37. Raspberry cheesecake cookies from Subway
38. Veggies and dill dip
39. My mother-in-law's butternut squash
40. Pot roast
41. Sloppy joes
42. Milk Duds
43. Movie theater popcorn and Sprite
44. Scones
45. Waffle fries and Chick-Fil-A sauce
46. Double Stuf Oreos (with milk, of course)
47. Chicken bakes
48. Grilled burgers
48. Ruffles 
49. Brats
50. Nutter Butter Bites
51. Cuties
52. Crepes
53. Pizza dipped in ranch
54. Lemon bars
55. Pesto Chicken sandwich from Zupa's
56. Cantaloupe from the garden
57. Smarties
58. Pebble ice
59. Carne asada
60. Sweet potato fries (piping hot)
61. Biscuits and gravy
62. Tootsie Rolls
63. Ramen and Ritz
64. Vanilla Coke (the kind made by Coca Cola - not the kind with added vanilla syrup)
65. Steak (medium or medium-well depending on the restaurant)
66. Oatmeal (old-fashioned oats, raisins, walnuts, and honey)
67. Hashbrowns with a little ketchup
68. Breakfast burritos
69. Twisted Sugar cookies
70. Swig cookies
71. Cheese fries
72. Gobstoppers
73. Water
74. Chocolate nut clusters
75. Mother-in-law's pumpkin pie
76. Peanut M&M's
77. Dill pickle spears
78. Chilled cream cheese frosting
79. Raspberries
80. Cookie dough
81. Chicken pot pie
82. Brazilian limeade
83. Cheese pull-aparts from the Pie
84. Arby's roast beef sandwiches with Arby's sauce
85. Moochie's fries with mild fry sauce
86. Chicken bakes from Costco
87. Grilled zucchini and mushrooms
89. Teriyaki chicken sandwich from Red Robin
90. Costco all-beef hot dogs with jDawgs sauce and sauerkraut
91. Hot beignets
92. Avocados
93. Peaches in milk
94. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
95. Ritz Bits
96. Cafe Rio
97. Cashews
98. Chick-Fil-A lemonade
99. Samoas
100. Orange juice

I ended up finishing this post while my kids were getting ready for school, and they think it's a grocery list. Guess I have some serious shopping to do! And my expectations for breakfast are pretty high now. 

No comments: