Thursday, July 5, 2018

If I'm ever in a position to conduct job interviews, I will never ask people what animal they would be and why* (and ten other random facts)

Fact #1: I have a lot to do over the next two days, so I'm falling back on my usual technique of rebelling against my to-do list and blogging instead. Two of my biggest motivators for blogging are stress and excitement. I'm experiencing both right now.

Fact #2: Last night my phone fell in the toilet. This is the 4th time I've dropped my phone in the toilet (though it's the first time with this particular phone)- it's pretty much an annual tradition now. I often keep my phone in my back pocket, and even though I make a great effort to remove it before I pull my pants down to sit on the toilet (due to having it fall in the toilet in the past), I overlooked it late last night and PLUNK! (gurgle, gurgle).

Sigh...

I was quick like a fox and got it right out, but I'm without a phone while it dries.

Fact #3: Here are some of the things I've tried to use my phone for today and haven't been able to: search for a zip code, order groceries, check my bank account balance, read my scriptures, listen to music, use the calculator, take a photo of a diagram in a book, look up a password, see if my library book has come in yet, and check traffic. I hate being dependent on my phone, but it's so handy!

Fact #4: I am struuuuuugggling so much with my kids this summer. I'm not getting a long with any of them, and none of them are getting along with each other. I've become so touchy and impatient with them. It's brutal!

One of my daughter's has been whining all day that she is bored, and I refuse to entertain her, so she is sitting next to me hitting her head repeatedly on the wall. I'm about to lose my mind. All of this is going on while her friend is playing in her bedroom upstairs alone. She has a friggin' friend over, and she'd rather hit her head on the wall than go play. This has been my summer.

Fact #5: I wish Nicky could drive. I would totally trust him to drive right now, which is pretty crazy since he's only 11, but I really think he would be a decent driver. Daisy, on the other hand, I don't think I will ever trust to drive. I will be a wreck when she starts driving, but I would hand Nicky my keys today if I could.

Fact #6: Nicky is so stinkin' tan. I don't know where it is in the genes, but my mom has very tan skin, and those genes skipped me and went to Nicky.

Fact #7: Zoe has the Black Eye of All Black Eyes right now. She got kneed in the face while playing on a bouncy slide a week ago. She bruised all around her eye and then from her eye to her jaw bone. Her face was swollen and puffy, and she could barely open her eye. It was so sad. The coloring around her eye has started to fade over the last two days, and the bruising on her cheek is yellowing. She's on the mend!

Fact #8: At a bridal shower over the weekend I was accused of child abuse by an elderly relative. She repeatedly said, "What really happened, Brittany?" and then she said, "Uh-huh. I used to work in the emergency room, and I've heard it all." Then she turned to my aunt and asked her if I beat my kids. I was furious, and I left the room and didn't come back until she was gone.

People have jokingly asked me if I hit my child, which really isn't something we should joke about, but I understand that they are kidding. This woman was not joking. She was relentless, and I felt totally attacked.

Fact #9: We've had a crazy, busy, fun week so far. We've been swimming a few times, had a couple of BBQs, went to the drive-in movie, attended a ward breakfast, participated in a neighborhood parade, went to dinner with friends, enjoyed fireworks, roasted marshmallows, and played several intense rounds of Tornado (I tried to find a link to explain what Tornado is, and I can't find anything. It's a basketball game that I absolutely suck at but have always loved, and apparently the Internet is oblivious to the wonder that is TORNADO!)

Fact #10: I've mentioned here before how much I love ordering my groceries online. It saves me so much time and frustration (as well as money since I'm a HUGE impulse shopper - if I see it, I need it). We will be going on vacation soon, and I planned out all of our meals and pre-ordered our groceries so they will be ready for us to pick up from the store the night we get there.

LIFE CHANGING!!!

*This was my former bosses favorite interview question, and I think it's the most annoying thing in the world. When he asked me this question, I randomly blurted out "cat," and then I had to think of a reason for cat. My first instinct was to say, "Because I'm house-trained," but then I made up some BS about being independent. 

No comments: