Monday, July 17, 2017

The Brittish Take Yellowstone

Since Nicky has a free pass to the National Parks (a perk for 4th graders), we decided we should take advantage and head to Yellowstone for a couple of days.

The last time Scotty and I went to Yellowstone was about 13 years ago, so we were excited to go back. We had minimal space for packing (we seem to have outgrown our van for vacations), so the DSL-R and the stroller both got cut which meant we took all our photos on cell phones, and we carried our children around on our shoulders.

Here are some of our pictures (I'm going to force myself to only choose five):

Yellowstone
{Prismatic Spring}

Yellowstone
{Geothermal pools}

Yellowstone
{Mammoth Hot Springs}

Yellowstone
{Lower Falls - Grand Canyon of Yellowstone}

Yellowstone 
{Just past Tower Falls}

Next time I'll take a real camera, but for this season of life, the phone was all I could handle. 

We had a nice time, and the kids were pretty good. There were issues, of course, but overall, I'm pleased.

Yellowstone 
{Issues}

The funniest moment of the trip was when Scotty thought he saw a bison ahead of us on the road, and he started getting the kids all hyped up to drive past it. There was some glare from the morning sun, so it was hard to make out what it was, but to me, it looked like something else, so I said, "I don't think that's a bison!" When we got up to it, it was a hippie on a bike, dressed in flowing brown attire with an unruly blond afro.

We named him Tyson. After that, all the bison were bison and not Tyson.

No comments: