Sunday, July 9, 2017

On Sundays we have German pancakes for breakfast (and ten other random facts)

Fact #1: The other day I took my kids to the dollar theater (do these exist in the greater society? We have one crappy dollar movie theater left around here). Anyway, my kids, who are apparently spoiled with their grandparent sponsored Cinemark and Megaplex outings, were so confused about the dollar theater. "Are we watching a TV instead of a movie screen?" they asked when they saw the significantly smaller screen. "Why won't the seats lean back?"

Fact #2: Despite the previous "fact," I've been a bit of a hermit this summer. My older kids are constantly begging to go somewhere, but I dread leaving the house because of this:

Two

Eva is not "outing friendly" right now. Neither is Zoe. Whenever I leave the house with those two, I end up caked in sweat and nearly in tears (and lest you think the dollar movie went smoothly, I'll have you know I stood out in the hall with a screaming Eva for most of the show. Luckily this theater has small windows in the doors so I could keep an eye on the others).

Fact #3: When we went to the dollar movie, Nicky wanted to sneak in a hamburger from Wendy's so he duct taped it to his stomach. This was one of those situations where I felt it best to not intervene. I just needed to watch it play out. It fell out of his shirt in the parking lot.

Fact #4: I'm pretty sure Nicky has spent most of his summer within arms reach of me. I think I'm supposed to appreciate that my ten-year-old son wants to be with me all the time, but it's driving me pretty crazy. I love my son dearly, but I really need him to find something to do.

Fact #5: Coloring my hair got me like...

Untitled

Fact #6: I might be getting tubes in my ears this year. I've had fluid in my ears consistently for about five years, and it's time to get my ears checked out by the ENT. My primary care physician (whom we call the "little Dutch boy") has urged me repeatedly to go to the ENT, and I think I'm finally ready to obey. 

Fact #7: I just thought of a future blog post. It's about two pieces of advice I have taken to heart and benefited from. I'm using this "fact" as a "note to self" for later.

Fact #8: It's been pretty hot here lately - over 100 for the past week. I have chronic sweaty bangs. My heart goes out to those in hotter climates. I've spent a lot of time driving around in my van just so I can have a blast of A/C. 

Fact #9: Nicky came up with a fantastic idea for a musical the other day. I can't stop thinking about it, and I'm full of ideas. Maybe we will be writing a mother and son musical. Hmmm... 

Fact #10: The next time I blog, I will have a bachelor's degree!


1 comment:

Kristin said...

Dying, DYING at Nicky duct taping the hamburger to his stomach. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚