Monday, March 21, 2016

Bugged

I'm up late, and that's not good because I'm in this weird sleep cycle where I wake up between 3:00-4:00 every morning, and I can't fall back asleep. I finally surrender and get out of bed in the 5:00 hour out of sheer boredom. I should use that time to go the the gym, but I don't put my gym clothes out the night before because I think, "I woke up at 3:00 this morning, so I really need to catch up on some sleep tonight," and I totally anticipate "sleeping in" until 6:30.

(Rifling through the drawers quietly for gym clothes at 5:00 a.m. is no different than turning the lights on and yelling the lyrics to "Who Let the Dogs Out." If I do either, the entire household wakes right up. Except Scotty).

So, sleep and exercise deprived, here I am,and I have two things going on right now:

Thing 1: I'm tired to the point that I have no energy left to go to bed, so I am just sitting here with my laptop idling the minutes away (fortunately I completed a very stressful assignment for school tonight, so I'm feeling all sorts of accomplished even though I'm no longer being productive)

Thing 2: I'm bugged by something that someone else did today. I shouldn't be bugged, but I am. I don't like that another person's actions and words have such power over me.

If I've learned anything in my almost-ten years of blogging, it is that I should never blog late at night (or any other time of day, for that matter) if I'm feeling "bugged." 

So this is me breaking a rule by blogging, but this is also me not saying what I want to say regarding The Bugging.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go not put my gym clothes out.

2 comments:

Feisty Harriet said...

I stayed up late having--and losing--arguments with myself...so, there's that.

xox

BerlyCrow said...

"I don't like that another person's actions and words have such power over me."

In my top 5 of "Life's Struggles." Lemme know when you solve that one. I need the remedy.