Thursday, November 5, 2015

All of a Sudden It's November

My brain hasn't yet processed the fact that it's November. The other day my friend posted a link to a Thanksgiving family home evening lesson on facebook, and I had the same out-of-season reaction that I have when I see Valentine's Day candy on Easter. I thought, "That doesn't belong here!" because, in my subconscious, it's some other time of year. Certainly not Thanksgiving!

Then in hit me. BAM!

It is Thanksgiving season.

It's November.

And I was like...


I'm continually amazed at how fast time flies now that I'm an adult (with the exception of time spent pregnant, which stands stagnant and grows algae and contributes immensely to West Nile Virus).

It was just Christmas, wasn't it? I mean, I haven't even put all of my kids' presents away yet. The V-Tech jungle animal set that Zoe got last year is still sitting on top of the Barbie house where I placed it temporarily until I could reorganize the closet shelves.

No wonder my great-grandparents left their Christmas tree up all year long. It had nothing to do with them being old and immobile. They just knew they'd need to bring it out again in a few days, so why bother?

1 comment:

Lindz said...

This entire post, yes. You kill me.