Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Wherein School Infiltrates

I've always struggled with what role my blog should take in my personal life. I never know when it's appropriate to mention to someone that I have a blog. It certainly doesn't come up in my general introduction, "Hi, I'm Brittany. I have a blog!" but at the same time, I feel that if a friendship goes on for too long without mentioning my blog, I'm "keeping secrets."

Truth is, even thought my blog is a quiet, little place in a lost corner of the Internet, it still plays a big role in my life. I started blogging in September of 2005 (my original blog was called "Weekday Wisdom," as some of you remember).

Nine years!

Most of my adult life is chronicled on a blog somewhere. It's my history ranging from a time when I was working full-time and struggling with infertility through the birth of four children. That's a pretty big deal!

All of these thoughts are leading up to a minor announcement. Emphasis on minor thought it has to do with my major (a little college humor there for ya). I've decided to utilize my blog in a project for school. I am, in short, inviting my classmates and my instructor into this part of my life (gasp!)

I'm currently taking a class on The Family: A Proclamation to the World. This document was issued by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in September of 1995. It reviews the doctrines and teachings on family that have remained consistent through the Church's history. It's essentially an overview of what the prophets have taught regarding family.

Over the course of this semester, I'll be doing 12 posts on family subjects that are of interest to me based on this class. I know that not everyone who reads my blog agrees with the teachings of my Church, but I hope you'll find something in those posts that's meaningful to you.

No comments: