Wednesday, October 28, 2015

My fingernails are fuschia {and ten other random facts}

Fact #1: You know those horrible high school nightmares that we all have? (We all have them, right?) Mine always consist of not remembering my locker combination or schedule, not knowing the choreography for Dance Company (and being out on stage trying to "fake it"), running late for school or class, and not having my math homework done.

These elements speak true to some of my biggest anxieties about school.

Last night, I had an entirely new problem in my high school nightmare. I was trying to pack a lunch, and none of the food had been properly stored. The lunch meat and cheese was old, and it hadn't been put in a bag or container. It'd just sat bare on the refrigerator shelf, courtesy of my younger brother. I was starving, and there was nothing I could take to school for lunch.

Fact #2: Additionally, I was wearing white leggings.

Gah!

Fact #3: Speaking of school lunch, every day I use a breast milk container to send milk to school with Nicky for lunch. I laugh a little inside every time I fill up the container and put it in his lunch box. I can't wait to reveal this information to him when he's a teenager.

Fact #4: Just to be clear, I don't send breast milk in the breast milk containers.

Fact #5: I have a confession. I don't like Halloween.

There.

I said it.

Fact #6: In recent years, I've toyed around with the idea of wearing scarves. I've acquired a few scarves (both through gifts and clearance shopping), and they hang in my closet and taunt me. Sometimes I get adventurous and throw one on. Then I immediately take it off. I just can't do scarves. The fabric around my neck makes me crazy! Plus, I feel like there's a big, bulky wad right under my face, and it does sketchy thing to my peripherals! Scarves seem to work for other people. Other people look cute wearing them. Heck, other people even wear them in the summer! (I don't know how. I can barely wear clothes at all in the summer, let alone accessories!)

Fact #7: Lately, I've been in a "spendy" mood. This is never good. I usually work really hard to keep my budget in check, but for the past two weeks, I've had this itch to buy stuff.

Stuff and lunch.

I've been able to keep the stuff to a minimum by settling for small things like $2 nail polish, but I can't say the same for lunch. I love lunch. I hate fixing lunch. I like being out in the world for lunch. I like having lunch handed to me all prepared and whatnot. If I could go out to lunch every day, I totally would! 

Fact #8: I have a lot of homework due today, and we have an inspector coming to our house to do a walk-through tomorrow for a refinance. I should be reading, writing, and cleaning. Guess what I'm going to do instead! Rearrange my necklaces on hooks in my closet. I hope my professors and the inspector will be impressed!

Fact #9: My house is freezing right now. My feet and my bum cheeks are ice! I could sit on a case of beer and adequately keep it cool.

(Scotty, it's furnace time!)

(You know how cold my bum gets!)

Fact #10: I should buy a new pair of boots...


1 comment:

Feisty Harriet said...

I live in scarves for about 10 months out of the year...sometimes even 11. I LOVE them in every possible way. Love.

And I'm moving to Arizona where they have No Scarves! weather for 7 months of the year...and I just realized this...excuse me while I sob in the corner for 20 minutes.

xox