Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Anti-Nester

I'm not really much of a nester when I'm pregnant. In fact, during pregnancies past, I have referred to myself as The Anti-Nester. That would probably be my super hero name, if ever needed.

{via}

Sure, I get little spurts of energy and tackle big projects, but that's pretty normal for me - pregnant or not - so I wouldn't consider it anything special. I'm not a huge clean freak, in general, so I'm really good at procrastinating projects, which eventually results in behavior that might seem like nesting but is really just "catching up."

I'm not sure if that makes any sense at all, so suffice it to say that I don't believe my sudden ability to clean and organize has anything to do with going into labor.

Today I experienced one of those spurts of energy, and I wondered, "Am I nesting?"

But my gut reactions was, "Nah! I'm not nesting. I'm The Anti-Nester."

But if I was nesting, I think I might have wasted it.

I used my spurt of energy to paint the trim around my front door, side door, and garage. Then I washed my front, back, and side doors. It was a job that desperately needed to be done, but it wasn't quite as necessary as the piles of laundry that need to be washed and the respiratory syncytial virus that needs to be purged from every surface of my home.

Just in case I have a second chance, here are the things I would like to do:

  • Shampoo the couches
  • Wash everyone's bedding
  • Purge everything of RSV (this one should probably take priority)
  • Vacuum the basement
These are in addition to getting the house tidied up overall. It's not currently "company ready" - so don't come over. Unless you want to come see my newly painted door trim, but keep your expectations low. It needs a second coat, and I can almost guarantee that's never going to happen. Plus, I was assisted by a certain five-year-old daughter, so there's probably more paint on the house than there is on the trim anyway.

1 comment:

Feisty Harriet said...

I'm sure it's super pretty. The painted trim and the painted house. ;)

xox