Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Currently {February 2015 Edition}

Reading: Fortune's Pawn by Rachel Bach. It's sci-fi, and totally not my thing, so I'm not sure if I'll stick with it. Over the past few months, I've ready one fantasy (Seraphina by Rachel Hart) and one mystery (The Impersonator by Mary Miley) which are also "not my thing," so I feel like I've really overachieved lately.

Edit: I finished Fortune's Pawn and really enjoyed it, however, it has some mild swearing and one passionate moment that may not be suitable for all readers.

Watching: Master Chef Jr. The finale is next week during our Cub Scouts' Blue & Gold Banquet, which is SUCH a bummer (I'll have to see if my mom will DVR it for me). These are the types of problems a desperate primary president runs into when she calls her husband to be a den leader. I guess Nicky and I could skip the B&G Banquet... Hmmm...

Procrastinating: homework. It's the middle of the semester, so I officially have no motivation left.

Wanting: a new bathrobe (must be terry cloth).

Craving: nothing. Everything tastes terrible. Two more months until food tastes good again! I can't wait!

Wearing: jammies. I am blogging in bed. Because that's what people with Wi-Fi do.

Relieved by: nothing. I'm in "high stress mode" right now, and I can't think of one thing to be relieved about. Okay, I guess I can be relieved that my kids are all asleep right now. That's always nice. 

Missing: knowing my body. Pregnancy is so unpredictable. I never know if I'm going to have energy, if I'm going to be sick, if I'm going to be in pain, if I'm going to start crying for no reason in a the middle of a meeting... I miss the reliability of my non-pregnant body. 

Neglecting: my hair. It needs some professional help.

Thankful for: my amazing husband. Holy moly, I am one lucky girl. 

Looking forward to: mid-terms next week. I'm weird; I like taking tests!

Loving: hot, hot showers. I've had a lot of sinus infections this winter (I always do), and I have back pain and rib pain from pregnancy, so hot showers are my relief. I love sticking my head in the hot water and letting it pour on my face to relieve my sinuses. In fact, I think I'll go do that right now...

1 comment:

Lindz said...

1. Master Chef Junior is the best show I've found this year. I am amazed at the things these kids can cook, I don't even know some of the terminology they use. I'm going for Nathan in the finale.

2. I am 22 weeks and my body is officially becoming a stranger to me. I fear for my sanity if this is setting in so soon. Case in point, pregnancy is not my bag (kudos to you for your FOURTH! round, seriously.)

3. Wifi = life changing!